Best case scenario for a H100 cooler

Hi

I am getting ready for an Ivy bridge build in the near future and would like a case that has enough room for an H100 water cooler with four fans in a push/pull configuration. I would like a simple looking case without alot of lights unless they can be turned off by a switch/button. I would like a fairly quiet case but will be running sli/crossfire on whichever high end card I can actually buy at the time. Maybe GTX 680's will actually be readily available in the near future.

Some of the cases I have been looking at are the Antec P280, Corsair 600t,Corsair 550d and the Corsair 500r. Just not clear if any can be used with an H100 and four fans.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Richard

Re: Best case scenario for a H100 cooler

I'm partial to the Cooler Master HAF-X case, as that's what houses my SLI setup as well as my H-100 cooler. The cooling in this case is undoubtedly the best out of every case I've owned, and it fits the H100 perfectly up on top. I also LOVE the fact that it's full tower and completely hides all of my cables and leaves plenty of room between the mobo and drives. It's not cheap, although the CM HAF 932 is less and offers most of what the HAF X does.

problem with a lot of the cases is that the top mounted H100 hits the motherboard. I've got the 500r and had to mount the fans on top.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

^^^The H100 has enough room between it and the mobo on my case to be able to fit a push/pull setup. I never thought I'd go with a full tower case but after having this one I'll never go back to a mid-tower.

Thanks for the replys. Not a big fan of the looks of the HAF-X case and do not like side window but may have to consider it if I can not find anything else.

If you want usability the HAF X is hard to beat. I have three of them and they will take any hardware you want to throw at them.

I also have a Thermaltake Level 10 which I believe will accept the H100 but I would have to go upstairs and look, not sure about the push/pull in it.

If you are going for looks good luck on finding one that will do everything you want.
    Last edited by richardd43; 04-23-2012 at 04:09 AM.
    Asus M8Z77-V Deluxe
    Intel 3770K
    G-Skill 1600 16G
    Corsair H100
    EVGA 670 GTX
    2 Corsair Force 3 120G (Raid 0)
    2 x Seagate 1T 6G
    2 Samsung SyncMaster T260HD Monitors
    Thermaltake Level 10 UGK
    Silverstone Olympia OP1000 1000W
    Windows 8

Never argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.