New Radeon card giving me BSOD!

Hello, I recently installed an ATI Radeon 7850. The performance is great but about once every couple of days I've gotten the BSOD since I installed it. It plays games for hours and passes furmark with no issue with good performance and temps. Computer holds up in Prime 95 torture tests so I don't think RAM or CPU is the problem. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

I'm running a Phenom II x4 slightly overclocked to 3.6
    Asus Crosshair V Formula
    8gb of Patriot Memory Viper II
    Asus 7850 cuII
    Antec twelve hundred v3 case

Re: New Radeon card giving me BSOD!

I should also include that I originally thought the problem was that I had updated from an older NVIDIA card and perhaps hadn't gotten all the drivers removed so I did a clean install of windows. It went 5 days without problem and passed stability testing so I upgraded my ram to the Patriot Memory listed in my post. Gamed all day without incident when I wake it up from sleep this morning it blue screened again saying display driver

"Display Driver" errors could be hardware (more likely) or software. And it might well have nothing to do with the gfx. First thing: what happen if you put the old RAM back in? What happens if you dial the CPU overclock back? What is the system doing when you get the BSOD: idling? BOINC? Gaming?

M

Thanks for the reply. I have found no correlation with the bsod, once was while opening word, twice while starting up off sleep mode, once while closing Chrome, they seem random but they never happen during intense computing applications like gaming, benchmarking or stress testing. I haven't tried reinstalling the old ram yet as I just installed the new ones last evening.

You sure its not your hard drive? If your motherboard bios is set to ide mode for sata hard drives and you switch it to ahci it will randomly bsod. Or vice versa. Especially if you installed windows and it had the ide data controler driver but it was set to ahci. I would check if u have the proper sata ahci/ide driver. You can check in device manager some how I forget. Probably should google it to be sure how to check in windows and that it correctly corilates with bios. Just a thought bcuz I had random bsod just like you and puting the ahci driver fix it for me with registry.