Windows 7, 32 bit to 64 bit upgrade license?

My question is about the license or key. I have a computer that I have installed the Windows 7 3-pack family upgrade on. When I upgraded XP to Windows 7, I used the 32 bit install of Windows 7. I want to find out if I can wipe the drive, put XP back on it, and install Windows 7 64 bit and still have it count as 1 upgrade for this computer?

The upgrade allows you to upgrade 3 computers from one key but I can not find any information about re-installing on same computer when switching from 32 bit to 64 bit. It is the same computer so is it 1 computer upgrade? Another question is if I remove Windows 7 from one computer, can I transfer the upgrade to another computer? Is the upgrade considered like an OEM install and is not transferable? I am not finding any information about the upgrade license. Thanks for any help.
    Gigabyte 870A-UD3 motherboard
    AMD AthlonII 64 X4 640
    G. Skill 4GB DDR3
    MSI N460GTX
    WD 1Tb 7200rpm hard drive
    NEC AD-7240s DVD burner
    Windows7 sp1

Re: Windows 7, 32 bit to 64 bit upgrade license?

The key is good for either 32 or 64 bit. The upgrade is retail, so you can use it again as long as you don't exceed the number of machines that you're licensed to run it on at one time.

Thanks. Microsoft's EULA on Windows7 is very confusing. Each product has differences in the license. I do not think Microsoft even knows and that probably gives them the freedom to do what ever they want. The Family Pack upgrade is retail so you can transfer it to any computer but a Windows product upgrade is like a OEM install and can not be transferred to another computer. I don't have the money to get a lawyer so I thought I would ask. Thanks again.
    Gigabyte 870A-UD3 motherboard
    AMD AthlonII 64 X4 640
    G. Skill 4GB DDR3
    MSI N460GTX
    WD 1Tb 7200rpm hard drive
    NEC AD-7240s DVD burner
    Windows7 sp1

MS knows about the licenses and it gives incentives for licensing considerations through negotiations with MS. ( The bigger a customer you are the more options are available to you.)