Looking to upgrade AM3 Socket procesor.

Hey guys Im trying to update my Socket AM3 Processor, i currently have an AMD Athlon x2 240 Procesoor at 2.80 and was looking at this, http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...033&CatId=4431

Is this upgrade worth it for the money? Are thier any better AM3 proccesors out thier?! PLEASE HELP!

Re: Looking to upgrade AM3 Socket procesor.

Good processor for the price. The 600 MHz jump in base clock will be noticeable, and the extra cores are nice. You will likely see a nice jump in perf for everything you do, especially in games.

Thanks alot! I will be using it for gaming, on top of the CPU upgrade im looking to add another 4gb of RAM for a total of 8, the one thing i wonder if i should switch out is my motherboard, but i would be upgrading to an AM3+ or an I7 socket board.

does your current mb support the 125w cpu?

ud

If you switch out your board, then you might as well start looking at the Intel side of the fence if you game. Then again the only real processor I would consider for myself would be the i5 2500K or the new i5 3500K series. Then you are looking for a lot more money to spend (eg. $350 instead of $219 or so).