Gigabyte GT 430 PC won't power up

Hello, i hope this is the right place for this problem,I have an older system.Asus M3A latest bios /AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+Windsor/2 gigs OCZgold800,my old video card MSI8800GTX,Coolmaster 650,everything works great, so i picked up a Gigabyte GT430, and the system fans spin for 2 seconds and nothing and also noticed if i remove either video card the same thing happens, i noticed the new GT430 has no power plug, do i need a different PSU as the M3A is PCIEx16 2.0 or other...TIA

Re: Gigabyte GT 430 PC won't power up

If the old card still works when you pop in back in I'd have to say you got a dud mate. Seems like a dead card. Pretty sure based on the newegg pictures that this card does not need an additional power connector as its not a very high end card.

Re: Gigabyte GT 430 PC won't power up

Yeah that was one of my thoughts also, considering i paid $40 for it and it was up and running when i bought it, just thinking maybe my MB it too ancient even though it says it should work, i built this PC 7 years ago, time for a new build...thanks for the help and thoughts.....