GTX 670 is already in stock at Tiger Direct, and faster than AMD's entire lineup?!

I see it but I can't believe it! Tiger Direct says they already have the MSI GTX 670 in stock for $409.99 with free shipping. At that price they're practically giving them away. I guess I'm so surprised seeing as the 680's STILL aren't showing up in any decent stock anywhere. The MSI is freakin' hideous btw.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...t6mZhrUz8ioo0w

Even more surprising is that this card is *supposedly* faster than an AMD 7970. I don't know if I can believe that one though. Looking at those benchmarks, it also shows the 670 nipping at the heels of the 680.

My personal issues with NVIDIA and the issues that TweakTown on a whole have pushed right aside, the GEFORCE GTX 670 is just an awesome video card that is going to be a serious headache for AMD. The performance of the video card is really quite crazy and the fact that this is the second option for NVIDIA when it comes to single GPU video cards is bad for AMD when it has no issue competing with their strongest option; the HD 7970.

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/47...w/index10.html

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/News/299...re-lineup.aspx

EDIT: It's already out of stock as of right now.
    Last edited by kbohip; 05-09-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Re: GTX 670 is already in stock at Tiger Direct, and faster than AMD's entire lineup?!

Considering that the 7970 is faster than the 680 in some cases, I have my doubts that the 670 is "faster than AMD's entire lineup". true in some cases maybe (if any of those benches are to be believed) but that headline is just sensational nonsense. I'll be waiting for the benchmarks from PcPer and HardOCP before I draw any conclusions, TweakTown is unprofessional garbage.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Re: GTX 670 is already in stock at Tiger Direct, and faster than AMD's entire lineup?!

Yeah, I'm not buying it either. Why would Nvidia come out with a card that's barely any slower than the 680, for $100 less?

that tweektown card was a non reference model I thought.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    Considering that the 7970 is faster than the 680 in some cases, I have my doubts that the 670 is "faster than AMD's entire lineup". true in some cases maybe (if any of those benches are to be believed) but that headline is just sensational nonsense. I'll be waiting for the benchmarks from PcPer and HardOCP before I draw any conclusions, TweakTown is unprofessional garbage.
    What's new here?

NVIDIA's fastest GPU beats AMDs at almost everything, their runner up trades benchmark.

Pretty much business as usual, the only difference here is the top AMD card started out at $550 and now the $400 card from NVIDIA is going to be shown to be the better value all the way around. (unless you're folding)

Quote Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
    that tweektown card was a non reference model I thought.
    According to the reviewer, it was a card from "the R&D department" at a manufacturer. At least I think that's what he was saying. It could be anything really. Regardless, I hope the performance on this is as good as they claim, the prices on the 680 and 7970 need to come down. It will make the 660TI an even better deal when it finally makes it's appearance.

Clicked on the tigerdirect link and it shows out of stock but the funny part is the alternative they offer, a GT 520 at 44.99.

Quote Originally Posted by rgraze View Post
    Clicked on the tigerdirect link and it shows out of stock but the funny part is the alternative they offer, a GT 520 at 44.99.
    Lol, I noticed that too. We see you're looking at a Corvette ZR1, it's out of stock, but you might be interested in this sweet little Aveo!

Looks like an impressive card. definitely a much better value than the 680, which it will match with overclocking. I was hoping that this card wouldn't make me regret my 7970 purchase and it definitely doesn't. reference models will be 400, but anything with a better cooler will be in the ~$420 range. That is only $30 less than I paid for my 7970, which is still going to be significantly faster at 2560x1440 when overclocked

edit: not to mention that, unless the reason the 680 is so scarce is that they have a ton of bad GPU's with 1 bum shader cluster, we'll likely have a hard time finding 670's in stock
    Last edited by Activate: AMD; 05-10-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Does anyone know the length of the 670?

Quote Originally Posted by fatlazyhomer View Post
    Does anyone know the length of the 670?
    http://bit.ly/JjtEbw

BF3 Dino:
    i7 2600k, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, 8GB Corsair, X-25M 120GB, WD 300GB Raptor, 2xEVGA GTX570HD 2.5GB, X-fi Titanium, Antec 1200W.
    Monster: i7 930, MSI X58 Platinum, 9GB Corsair, WD 74GB Raptor, WD 2TB, Palit GTX460 1GB, PCP&C 750W.
    Beast: AMD4400+, Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, 2GB Corsair, 2x 1TB WD Green Raid0, 2TB WD Green, KFA2 9600GT, Dynex 500W.
    Relic: Intel P4 3.2GHz, Asus P4SD-LA, 1.5 GB PC2700, 160GB WD, 120GB Maxtor, ATI 9600Pro, Dynex 500W.