Considerations on new build

I've never built a truly "bleeding edge" machine, but I think I might whenever the 7990s finally come out (or perhaps not if someone can lend some advice?)

I currently have an i7 sandy bridge, radeon 5850, SSD setup, and it's great. But I figured I might as well build a new one to go along with the eventual new video card.

This is the build I've put together and considered.

Case:
    Cooler Master HAF 932

PSU:
    CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200

RAM:
    GeIL EVO CORSA Series 32GB

Motherboard:
    Intel DX79SI

CPU:
    Intel i7 3960x

Heatsink:
    Noctua NH-D14

SSD:
    Intel 520 Cherryville 240GB SATA III

Video Card:
    Radeon HD 7990

Are there any glaring issues, recommendations or out right problems with the above items?

I appreciate any input.

Re: Considerations on new build

Nothing?

Maybe I can be more specific (although this specific question may be better suited to the video card forum)

Since it could be a couple more months before the 7990 debuts, and I'm impatient, I've considered the 690 alternative:

EVGA GTX 690

Although, it must be in limited supply. So, barring that, I've considered something along the lines of SLI XFX Radeon HD 7970; although, something like that seems foolish considering how close we are to the next series coming out.

All things considered, I'm assuming the 7990 is the response to the 690, so I can't really go wrong with either card.

Aside from those things, I'm curious about the driver/bios headaches that may result from such a build. Is that common? Every computer I've built has always been using components after they've been out for 6-8 months and even then there's sometimes stability issues while stuff gets ironed out.

Am I looking to greatly magnify such problems (or others?) when doing a build like this?