Problem with VGA temp.

Hello guys,

I'm facing a lil problem with my vga temp, I lives in Cairo, Egypt...and the temp. here guys is killing the human begins, so i feel that the performance of my vga is not that perfect coz of the heat....

my PC components:
    Motherboard: Gigabyte 890FXA - UD5
    Processor: AMD Phenom II - X6 - 3.0GHZ - 9MB Cache (with Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Fan)
    RAM: 4x (2 GB) 1333 pass
    VGA:ATI Radeon HD 5770 (1GB - GDDR5)
    Sound Card Genius Live 5.1
    3 H.D.D All western (350,500,1000)G.B.
    2 DVD R-W (Sony-Samsung)
    2 regular fans (1 to pull the hot air out of the CPU unit & 1 to Supply the CPU unit with the ambient air)
    With power supply Antec 450 watt

So guys, how can i keep my VGA @ low temp.?

Re: Problem with VGA temp.

The card gets its cooling air from inside the case, so you need to reduce the case temperature as much as possible. I assume from your post that the room has not got air conditioning? Either way, the best you can manage is the same temperature inside the case as the room. But that means getting all the heat given off by the CPU out of the case, which means either water-cooling or more case fans. A larger case helps air circulate, as does tidying up the cables inside, but first, get more case fans.

M

is there by any change, an upgrade for the card fan? i mean is it like the processor i can exchange the stock fan with another pro one?

i would download this to monitor and possibly manually increase the fan speed if it isn't doing so in auto mode.

http://msi-afterburner.en.softonic.com/

also try removing the case side and see if temps drop considerably. then maybe adding or upgrading to fans with higher cfm will help.

ud

Yes, you can usually get better coolers for a graphics card. But it won't achieve much unless you improve the case cooling, since it will just increase the amount of hot air being blown over the GPU.

M

ok thanks alot guys, i will search for more pro fans in our local market