Building a new gaming rig

So it's that time again. Intel is releasing their summer deal and it just seems to good to pass up.

I have been wanting to upgrade for a while but technology changes so quickly it might just be better to just build a whole new rig.

I mostly play mmo's, planning on giving the new CS:GO a try, some MW3 and some BF3 but mostly mmo's. 1920x1080 res on my single monitor.

I would like to keep the computer under $1300 and it is used for gaming, browsing and music. I am in Canada so prices are not as great as they are in the US for some items.

Here goes:

-Intel 3930k is the summer deal for ~$185
    -Asus P9x79 $ 250
    -Corsair xms3 ddr3 1333 8gb (4x2gb) $50
    -Corsair hx750 $130 or tx750 $100
    -For the gpu I was considering a gtx570 for $300, a zotac 580 for $330 or the 670 for $400. I'm not sure how zotac is as a company if their products are reliable or how well they are backed. Going by what I play I'm not sure if the 670 is a bit overkill.
    -Antec Eleven Hundred ~$100 How is this case, hearing some decent things, while some say it is somewhat loud. How is it in comparison to my 900 which is supposed to be around 30dba
    -2x Noctua fans $25/ea
    -Windows 7 64 bit $105
    -WD 750gb sata 3 $110
    -Pioneer bdr 207 Optical drive $80

How does this build look, anything that you guys can think of that would be a big improvement over what I have listed?

As for sound i have it taken care of. I just purchased some beautiful speakers for my computer. Audioengine A5+. http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Audioengine-5-Plus

Re: Building a new gaming rig

I'm new to the computer hardware world, but SSD's seem to be making the transition from appropriate in some builds to nearly universal. Did you decide against an SSD for a particular reason? At $70 for a 60GB SSD (like this OCZ Agility 3 on Newegghttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227725) for storing your OS/applications, I would look into it. Also I'm just curious, because I'm trying to decide myself...why did you choose the Z79 chipset over, say, the Z77 or Z68?
    - J

The cpu is a socket LGA 2011 and to my knowledge the x79 is the only compatible board.

Looks like a sweet gaming rig.....I'd skip the GTX 570 + 580 though....go with a newer gpu : GTX 670/GTX 680 or HD7950/7970

Quote Originally Posted by Petden View Post
    The cpu is a socket LGA 2011 and to my knowledge the x79 is the only compatible board.
    I meant why that chipset/CPU combination instead of a Z77/3770 combo or similar
    - J

Quote Originally Posted by pcskillet View Post
    I meant why that chipset/CPU combination instead of a Z77/3770 combo or similar
    Because of the value I am getting from Intel. That is a $600 processor that I am getting for so cheap and it has so much power anything at a similar price point doesnt seem to offer nearly the same performance. For what i need it is overkill but it is only $30-$50 more than what I was originally looking to spend but has much more, so I think it's worth the extra money.

Just wondering where you are getting that summer deal for the processor from because I want to jump on that band wagon !!

https://retailedge.intel.com/_layouts/login.aspx

Its for people that employed by a retailer that sells intel products or anything that contains intel products. There is an entire verification process that needs to be done to verify work place and stuff like that.

Thats just wrong.. lol I want one of them chippies!!