Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bath salts are a hell of a drug!

How about this one?

From The Huffington Post (emphasis mine):

The naked man who was fatally shot by Miami Police Saturday as he chewed another man's face has been identified, according to Local 10.

Rudy Eugene, 31, of North Miami Beach was shot multiple times during the grisly assault on the Downtown exit ramp of the busy MacArthur Causeway. The Miami Herald reports he had been arrested 8 times since the age of 16, including a battery charge which was later dropped and 4 instances involving marijuana.

"I wouldn't say he had [a] mental problem but he always felt like people was against him type of attitude," ex-wife Jenny Ductant told Local 10, saying the marriage ended when Eugene became increasingly violent. "No one was for him, everyone was against him."

A neighbor said Eugene's former home had been foreclosed on in 2011, and homeless people living in the area of the attack said he was frequently spotted wandering the area, looking confused.

An eyewitness who was riding his bike on the causeway Saturday afternoon said he flagged down a police officer after coming across Eugene, stark naked, chewing another man's face.

"The guy was, like, tearing him to pieces with his mouth, so I told him, 'Get off!'" Larry Vega told WSVN. "The guy just kept eating the other guy away, like, ripping his skin."

But Vega said when the police officer yelled at Eugene to back away, the naked man merely raised his head "with pieces of flesh in his mouth," growled, and began chewing again.

The officer reportedly then shot Eugene once, but Eugene still continued to attack the man's face, prompting the officer to shoot multiple times until he was dead. The shooting and its aftermath were captured on surveillance video from the Miami Herald's parking garage, but police are still trying to piece together details and are asking witnesses to come forward.

The identity of Eugene's victim, believed to be a homeless man, has not been released. He is reportedly in critical condition at Jackson Memorial Hospital. [Update, 7 p.m.: the victim has been identified as Ronald Poppo, 65.]

"Seventy-five to 80 percent of his face was missing," Armando Aguilar of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police Aguilar told NBC Miami. "He was actually swallowing pieces of the man's face."

Surveillance video shows the attack went on for 18 minutes before help arrived.

Police say Eugene may have been suffering from a drug-induced psychosis which causes the body to heat up, prompting some users to remove their clothes in an effort to cool down, the Herald reported.

Aguilar says authorities have seen several such cases of delirium in which people have taken off their clothes, seemingly displayed superhuman strength, and have used their jaws as weapons. One such assault allegedly occurred after the Ultra Music Festival in March when a naked reveler Evan Oberfelder attacked a good samaritan and first responders after being hit by a taxi. 14 police officers were treated for blood exposure or injuries after managing to subdue Oberfelder.

“We have seen, already, three or four cases that are exactly like this where some people have admitted taking LSD and it’s no different than cocaine psychosis,” Aguilar told CBS.

One emergency room doctor suspects an amphetamine cocktail called bath salts is behind Eugene's attack, citing several cases of drug-induced mania in Miami in recent months.

“It’s dangerous for the police," Dr. Paul Adams told CBSMiami. “It’s dangerous for the fire fighters. It’s dangers for the hospital workers taking care of them because they come in, they have to be restrained both chemically and physically and you’re asking for someone to get hurt.”

"The guy, he was like a zombie, blood dripping, it was intense," The New York Daily News quotes Vega as saying. "The closest thing I've seen to it? 'The Walking Dead'."
    It wasn't really bath salts, but a quasi-legal amphetamine-based powder that is sold by dealers and smokeshops under the name "bath salts".

And you thought zombies weren't real! WTF!

Re: Bath salts are a hell of a drug!

When I was a NYS Corrections Officer (prison guard) a few decades ago I saw some sick stuff, but THIS is the worst I've even heard of.

They need to ban that substance and do it pronto!

Does it give you the munchies?

Ok, I'm just going to pretend that I never read that article.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Yeah that's the problem with illegal drugs, psychosis, it's awful, decent reminder to continue avoiding I think.

The first line made me think this was an Internet meme prank. "Naked man on bath salts chews on another man's face."
    My heatware

Proudly NOT a console or subscription/micropayment gamer.

When I mean avoid, avoid the illegal drugs. When I mean avoid it's i'm not even there and don't do anything about it because it isn't my responsibility. One of the things I want is some sanity even though people are me may not be. I think i've been punished enough as it is.

Last edited by Bearded Frog; 06-04-2012 at 12:24 PM.

I've been playing a lot of Borderlands recently. The game suddenly makes much more sense.
    My heatware

Proudly NOT a console or subscription/micropayment gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Frog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Windrunner View Post
    I've been playing a lot of Borderlands recently. The game suddenly makes much more sense.
    Yeah, holy crap. That guy was acting like "generic crazy violent drug addict" from a video game or movie. I definitely could see somebody on that stuff eating a guy's face. If I was that cop, I would be worried about that guy chewing off his own lips or something.

Zombies are real! The military is preparing for zombies!

From the Huffington Post:

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is ready for a zombie apocalypse. Gun owners got prepared for a zombie apocalypse. Now, the military and law enforcement are getting ready.

And next month, they'll begin training.

Security firm HALO Corp. announced yesterday that about 1,000 military personnel, police officials, medical experts and federal workers will learn the ins and outs of a zombie apocalypse, as part of an annual counter-terrorism summit , according to the Military Times.

Sure, the lesson is tongue-in-cheek -- and only a small part of the summit's more serious course load -- but a zombie-like virus outbreak is a good training scenario. Visitors will learn to deal with a worldwide pandemic, where people become crazy, violent and fearful. Zombies will roam the summit grounds in San Diego, Calif. harassing troops and first-aid teams that will be participating.

Further details are unclear, but the Military Times made sure to note that zombies are not real.

The training comes at a time when the term "zombie apocalypse" is so viral that several branches of government have released statements on the matter. Earlier this month, the Department of Homeland Security reported that "the zombies are coming" as part of a hilarious bid to get citizens to prepare for a real disaster.

The CDC has released similar statements using zombies as a playful guise to get the public prepared for actual disasters. To assure that no one's confused by these announcements, CDC told The Huffington Post that zombies are not real.

Might as well be someone passing around the virus already. Cold, flu, no aids please.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Yeah, holy crap. That guy was acting like "generic crazy violent drug addict" from a video game or movie. I definitely could see somebody on that stuff eating a guy's face. If I was that cop, I would be worried about that guy chewing off his own lips or something.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, at what point does someone say HEY LETS SMOKE THIS, OOHH GREAT IDEA.

Didn't it turn out that drugs were not involved? Apart from a lot of alcohol, anyway. AFAIK he was just a loon.