Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dead Space 3

Re: Dead Space 3

^^ I'm always down for a little of the old rata tat tat, especially if theres gibs involved

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

MEH....Origin required for 3

You know of giant enemy crab? The necro version of giant enemy crab could be in there. lol We both escaped.

Haven't gotten that far yet. Still on the old rusty ships in space.

I've gotten bogged down with a lot of the side missions. They're ok. Dead Space 2 was basically nonstop excitement with something happening all the time running from location to location. The action and excitement in Dead Space 3 is a lot slower. I'm not even talking about combat. Combat and customization weapons are fine. Just the set pieces and action from area to area are a lot slower. Not as many explosions, crashing trains, or windows to space blowing out and everybody being sucked into space.

It started exciting. The first stuff on the moon and the arrival at Tau Volantis was exciting. Now, I'm just floating around in a rusty old ship fixing it. This is about exciting as changing my oil.
    Last edited by Keven; 02-19-2013 at 02:43 PM.

I think the action is ok, I get a lot of necromorphs ganging up on me sometimes. I'm expecting the graphics to not be so held back by console looks later.

I finally got to the ice planet and yeah, the story does pick up again. On 3dfx's suggestion, I tried the shotgun as the lower attachment on my gun and it works pretty good. I also switched up the main barrel of my gun from the pulse rifle to the machine gun.

I really like the weapon crafting system. The guns look like crap still, but the actual functionality and trying different stuff and seeing what works for other people is cool. It reminds me of the weapon randomization of Borderlands, except the parts you're getting are random and you're building whatever gun you want.

I built a flamethrower and messed around with that for a bit, but other than that, haven't messed with the energy weapons yet. May need to try the Tesla Coil for an electro-gun.

Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    MEH....Origin required for 3
    God, Origin does suck.

I used to think Origin was an ok Steam clone where things never went on sale.

Well, I've had a lot of trouble with it recently.

It's not really worth getting into. It's fixed now, but there was some weird stuff with my account having a not having a valid account entitlement to play Dead Space 3, even though I could launch Dead Space 3 and play single player.

I want to do a co-op run on impossible if anybody interested.