Avast blocking pcper forums as malware threat

One of my other PC's has Avast free edition running. When I try to open the pcper forums Avats blocks it from opening claiming malware.

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Re: Avast blocking pcper forums as malware threat

It may think the Lightning Round part of the forum is not "PC" correct, thus you are blocked. haha

Don't feel bad about this, my Malwarebytes did the same thing. If you have the option to edit the software to allow the sites to visist, do that first. Or just drop Avast.
    Support Your Local Sheriff - At high noon

My Heatware http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=63611

The pump maverick

not sure what could be causing this on our end...but we are looking into it.
    hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise One View Post
    not sure what could be causing this on our end...but we are looking into it.
    It's weird.. but pcper is the only site getting blocked.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Same with me. Only forums is blocked, but it is all of the forums. IE 9, Avast Free, and Windows 7. I am using an old system with Vista right now, IE 9, and Avast Free and it works fine.
    Last edited by omegasteve; 06-24-2012 at 10:15 PM.

My other system was Vista 32bit as well.

-The Gipper

Seems to have fixed itself.

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Seems to have fixed itself.
    we had to update some statistics code we are using. that fixed the issue.
    hmm...