Thread: Help me decide

Help me decide

To sum up a long story. I had issues ordering a HTC One S and ordered a Galaxy SII our of frustration about a week ago.

So i log into tmobile today and see the HTC One S is back on sale for 49.99. This time with no rebate . Just a flat price. My Galaxy SII is well within the grace period for returns. And after speaking to a customer service agent i can secure the 49.99 price with the return.

I normally prefer HTC phones over Samsung. I like sense. A lot of people don't but i do.

Which one would you go with? The One S has a better processor and higher resolution screen. But lacks a sd card slot. The SII has a sd slot and a .2 inch larger screen.

Need to decide relatively quickly.

*Edit the S3 is not an option. Its both sold out and more then i want to spend on a phone.
    Last edited by Invictus; 06-25-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Re: Help me decide

I would personally go with the HTC One S.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    I would personally go with the HTC One S.
    seconded... One S is new hotness, GS2 is old and busted

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Ill probably start the process tomorrow. Ill overnight it back to them and overnight the new phone here to save time.

My only worry was the One S does not support a sd card and is limited to 16gb. But then again, i probably wont need more then that. It also comes with dropbox free for 2 yr.

Now to unroot the S2 before return. As a side note. overclocked to 1.78 it scores a 4081 in quadrant. Which is still nearly 1000 below what the One S score stock.

No SD card slot? Who does HTC think they are? Apple? I personally wouldn't want a phone without an sd slot but if you never use one, go for it. God knows Samsung needs the competition!

On my previous phone. The Mytouch 4G. I had a 32gb sd card. Couldn't imagine going without it.Put the same sd in the SII when i received it.

I did use the internal storage on the SII to flash a new rom and recovery. So im hopeful that the 16g will be enough on the One S.

Its a win in every category except memory .

Ordered it, ill still have the SGSII when it gets here so ill get to do a side by side before i send the other back.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    No SD card slot? Who does HTC think they are? Apple? I personally wouldn't want a phone without an sd slot but if you never use one, go for it. God knows Samsung needs the competition!
    The irony is that because SD memory is so cheap, some of these manufacturers use microSD cards inside the phone in lieu of regular flash memory. Obviously it's not user removable.

Expandable memory is so overrated IMO. I didn't come close to touching the full 16GB I had installled on my Droid Incredible (8gb internal + 8GB SD). There is almost nothing I would want to do on my phone that would need that much memory, short of putting my entire music collection on there... which I don't need to do because streaming options are more than enough for me.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    Expandable memory is so overrated IMO. I didn't come close to touching the full 16GB I had installled on my Droid Incredible (8gb internal + 8GB SD). There is almost nothing I would want to do on my phone that would need that much memory, short of putting my entire music collection on there... which I don't need to do because streaming options are more than enough for me.
    Agree. I'm not a huge app guy who has like 200 apps on his phones plus music, movies and all that stuff. I just have all the regular Android/Google apps, plus like six or seven mission critical third-party apps plus a game or two for when I'm standing in line at the DMV or something. Because I used to review smartphones, people by extension think I know a lot about apps when I don't know or care about whatever new iPhone app is taking the world by storm. I guess some would see that as an oxymoron, somebody who reviews smartphones doesn't know every little new game and app, but I just have a few apps that I like and use regularly.

But, I digress back to storage. Between services like Pandora and Netflix, I've never felt compelled to load up my media onto my phone or tablet. We do live in the cloud computing era guys.
    Last edited by Keven; 06-26-2012 at 11:27 PM.

I have about 6gb worth of music on my sd, a bunch of audio books, a crapload of pics and videos and a few handy .iso's.

Im not a huge app guy either. I just like having files i might need in a handy to get to location.

Im pretty sure ill be fine with the 16 though. It also comes with 2yr of drop box included.

Wish it was here already. This SGSII isnt that bad though .4.5 inch screen makes forum surfing much easier.