Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Syria.

Re: Syria.

Stop me if you've heard this before... Obama plans to proceed with military action against Syria without authorization the UN Security Council.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...yria-response/

In blunt terms, department spokeswoman Marie Harf said last-ditch efforts to win support for an anti-Assad resolution at the U.N. were unsuccessful, and the U.S. would proceed anyway.

"We see no avenue forward given continued Russian opposition to any meaningful council action on Syria," she said. "Therefore, the United States will continue its consultations and will take appropriate actions to respond in the days ahead."
    For those upset by the Fox News source, she was quoted in today's US State Department press briefing.

According to most polls, only 10% of Americans support military action against Syria.

not that it matters.

War is a great way to boost the economy BTW!
    Last edited by JustinC939; 08-28-2013 at 06:11 PM.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Stop me if you've heard this before... Obama plans to proceed with military action against Syria without authorization the UN Security Council.
    /08/28/state-department-prepares-to-bypass-un-on-syria-response/[/URL]

In my view not getting authorization from the UN Security Council is a good thing. What the United States does is none of their frigging business. The bad thing is getting involved in Syria, period.

I wonder if Obambi has tried to get the Israelis to do the heavy lifting...

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    In my view not getting authorization from the UN Security Council is a good thing. What the United States does is none of their frigging business. The bad thing is getting involved in Syria, period.

I'm with you there.. I could give a hoot what the Useless Nations think. F-them. Should have pulled out of that cesspool long ago and started a club with real friendly nations and allies.

That said WTF evar happened to the "shreddin the constitution!!" crowd? They sure get bought off cheap of late with "kinetic actions"..
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

^^^ as far as I'm concerned any organization that claims they are world or global guardians or pretends to speak for the world can stuff it where the sun doesn't shine.

TicToc, TicToc, TicToc... The country and the world is waiting for you to do something, anything Mr President. Again it's all about the messiah and he's playing it for every dimes worth of the political spot light he can get. He has to micro-manage every political angle of everything before he makes a decision. If the red phone was ringing it would take two days to answer the dam thing...

Oh wait!!! I see another red line coming. He will have red lines from Damascus to the Oval Office befor he's done.

^^^ Boosh had what, 30 or 40 countries with him... and both houses of idiots on the hill?

Obama, a year after his "red line" event, has the coalition of Obama/Reid/Pelosi.

If Obama had the balls to stand up and say "We condemn the actions in Syria, but it's an internal issue and we aren't going to do anything would be nice.
    Hillary +3

"Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS Z170-AR i7 6700, 16G RAM - Liquid Cooled
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

^^^ as far as I'm concerned any organization that claims they are world or global guardians or pretends to speak for the world can stuff it where the sun doesn't shine.

TicToc, TicToc, TicToc... The country and the world is waiting for you to do something, anything Mr President. Again it's all about the messiah and he's playing it for every dimes worth of the political spot light he can get. He has to micro-manage every political angle of everything before he makes a decision. If the red phone was ringing it would take two days to answer the dam thing...

Oh wait!!! I see another red line coming. He will have red lines from Damascus to the Oval Office befor he's done.
    Lol, no kidding. My guess is he's going to let this whole thing blow over and hope the liberal media finds other things to report on for him.

^^^ This president is absolutely amazing. About the time you think you've seen everything he comes up with a all time new low.

This is an epic case of the tail wagging the dog. Even our closest allies turn their back on this nitwit because he can't be trusted. Maybe it's also a case of him being to much like they are. Barking, foaming at the mouth but no bite in those jaws. A toothless guard dog to be sure.

When the Europeans fall out of love with him there's no disputing the fact that Obambi is the worlds laughing stock.

I don't get why BO himself doesn't just head on over and use his Nobel Peace Prize skills to bring about an end to all of this violence.:P

Not a fan of the UN myself. My point was that the Dems crucified Bush for not having UN clearance prior to the invasion of Iraq and not giving the weapons inspectors enough time blah blah (remember Hans Blix? Ha.). Now, here we are, over 10 years later, and Obama's state department is saying they're going to do the same thing, if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    According to most polls, only 10% of Americans support military action against Syria.

not that it matters.

War is a great way to boost the economy BTW!
    Iraq did wonders.

Not a fan of the UN myself. My point was that the Dems crucified Bush for not having UN clearance prior to the invasion of Iraq and not giving the weapons inspectors enough time blah blah (remember Hans Blix? Ha.). Now, here we are, over 10 years later, and Obama's state department is saying they're going to do the same thing, if need be.
    ... And the tiny 10% approval rating for the attack suggest the vast majority of those who did not support it then, do not support it now.

Because, you know, the party in charge should not matter if you hate the action.

Americans have gotten really sick of constant war, especially wars that have nothing at all to do with America. How many Americans have now died in every war, conflict, and quagmire since WW2? The number is way too many and we have nothing to show for it other than cemeteries full of headstones, men trying to live without limbs, and VA hospitals overwhelmed by all of it. Yeah, it sucks that a bunch of people in Faroffistan get murdered by a madman every now and then, but it's not up to us to put a stop to it. The British are done with these "peacekeeping" efforts, why can't we put an end to them as well?

Oh well, our last chance to end a perpetual loop of quagmires ended with Ron Paul. As long as Democrats and Republicans are in control, we will be out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Phopojijo View Post
    Because, you know, the party in charge should not matter if you hate the action.
    Really? Where are the Democrats complaining about the drone strikes or Guantanamo still being open? Why are libertarian Republicans and John Boehner the only ones complaining about Syria? Why does every news article mention that the NSA warrantless surveillance began under Bush and seem to omit the current administration?

Everybody gives their side a pass on the wrong things they do and you know it.

Really? Where are the Democrats complaining about the drone strikes or Guantanamo still being open? Why are libertarian Republicans and John Boehner the only ones complaining about Syria? Why does every news article mention that the NSA warrantless surveillance began under Bush and seem to omit the current administration?

Everybody gives their side a pass on the wrong things they do and you know it.
    So what side am I?