Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 190

Thread: Syria.

  1. #61
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    25,236

    Re: Syria.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Let's consult the political compass, which you filled out.

    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.p...96#post4517996

    Socially very liberal and economically moderately liberal. Sound about right?

    Besides, you have a tenancy for making fun of Republicans and the right-wingers on this forum. So, let's stop the games and confirm you agree with Democrats more than Republicans, which is of course, an academic distinction for you since you can't vote in our elections.

    True or false, you find Obama's march to war in Syria less troubling than Bush's march to war in Iraq? Because he's a left-wing president, or at least as far America is concerned and he's from the side you agree with more so than the other side.
    Listening to that puke Kerry make his "we dun needs no stankin" UN" pitch makes me wanna retch. Not because I give a hoot about the UN. But because this is the same sh*tbag who was spouting the "must pass the world test" crap just a few years back while bagging on GWB's coalition in which like 40 nations participated. This incompetent administration cannot even get our closest allies on board.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  2. #62
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    644

    Re: Syria.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Let's consult the political compass, which you filled out.

    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.p...96#post4517996

    Socially very liberal and economically moderately liberal. Sound about right?

    Besides, you have a tenancy for making fun of Republicans and the right-wingers on this forum. So, let's stop the games and confirm you agree with Democrats more than Republicans, which is of course, an academic distinction for you since you can't vote in our elections.

    True or false, you find Obama's march to war in Syria less troubling than Bush's march to war in Iraq? Because he's a left-wing president, or at least as far America is concerned and he's from the side you agree with more so than the other side.
    False. I am definitely against a conflict in Syria like we had in Iraq.

    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    This incompetent administration cannot even get our closest allies on board.
    You couldn't get Canada to help in Iraq or Vietnam. They definitely helped in Afghanistan, though.
    Last edited by Phopojijo; 08-31-2013 at 02:10 PM.

  3. #63
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    25,236

    Re: Syria.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phopojijo View Post
    . . .

    You couldn't get Canada to help in Iraq or Vietnam. They definitely helped in Afghanistan, though.
    So your best response to my pointing out the fact GWB had multiple allies onboard in Iraq vs. the bami's goose egg in Syria is pointing out one ally among dozens who did not oppose the war... but simply chose to pitch in support other ways? Probably not the strongest retort I've ever seen in TLR... but I feel for you seeing what bamma's utter incompetence has left you to work with. So.. "world test = passed" in your eyes?
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  4. #64
    Joined
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Obamaland
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,534

    Re: Syria.

    I have a Joke

    Why doesn't the U.K. support Obama's war efforts in Syria?

    Because he's black!


    The real reason is that after 2 decade long wars, people are finally figuring out that War has a steep price and that conservatives are torn between foaming at the mouth for another war or just being obstructionists. 10% of the public in support of a war pretty much leaves you defense contractors and the people who work for them lol.

    Not that I support it, but if they are going to go to war (which they probably will), whatever military action they do needs to be done swiftly and they need to GTFO.

    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill.


    As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.



  5. #65
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    644

    Re: Syria.

    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    So your best response to my pointing out the fact GWB had multiple allies onboard in Iraq vs. the bami's goose egg in Syria is pointing out one ally among dozens who did not oppose the war... but simply chose to pitch in support other ways? Probably not the strongest retort I've ever seen in TLR... but I feel for you seeing what bamma's utter incompetence has left you to work with. So.. "world test = passed" in your eyes?
    Actually no, my best response is pointing out how you're giving GWB a pass while crapping on Obama.

    You know, meta-hypocrisy.

    You said it. \_(ツ)_/

    I don't support either. You (plural) cannot tell me that I support a war in Syria because you assume I do. I do not. I do not have sudo installed. And I'm not going to make you a sandwich either.
    Last edited by Phopojijo; 08-31-2013 at 03:55 PM.

  6. #66
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Posts
    9,372

    Re: Syria.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phopojijo View Post
    False. I am definitely against a conflict in Syria like we had in Iraq.

    You couldn't get Canada to help in Iraq or Vietnam. They definitely helped in Afghanistan, though.
    Mass Confusion here. Pick your alliegence please - while at it, pick a consistent position.

    How did "We" have a conflict in Iraq, when "You couldn't get Canada to help in Iraq or Vietnam"?

    How did the "We" transmute to "They" in the sentence "They definitely helped in Afghanistan, though"? Since you claim to be a Canadian citizen and resident, would not Canadian involvement be correctly stated from your perspective as "We' and not "They"?

    Doesn't look like you know WTF your position is - you're all over the place.
    Last edited by SteveW; 08-31-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    Hillary +3

    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS Z170-AR i7 6700, 16G RAM - Liquid Cooled
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

  7. #67
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Posts
    9,372

    Re: Syria.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    ........The real reason is that after 2 decade long wars, people are finally figuring out that War has a steep price and that conservatives are torn between foaming at the mouth for another war or just being obstructionists......
    When a Conservative version of Cindy Sheehan appears, we can discuss "Conservatives as Obstructionists". Until then just put me down as a conservative that does not support US military action in Syria.

    Ultra Liar / Hypocrite
    Last edited by SteveW; 08-31-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    Hillary +3

    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS Z170-AR i7 6700, 16G RAM - Liquid Cooled
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

  8. #68
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    25,236

    Re: Syria.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phopojijo View Post
    Actually no, my best response is pointing out how you're giving GWB a pass while crapping on Obama.

    You know, meta-hypocrisy.

    You said it. \_(ツ)_/

    I don't support either. You (plural) cannot tell me that I support a war in Syria because you assume I do. I do not. I do not have sudo installed. And I'm not going to make you a sandwich either.
    No argument I'm crappin' on Bamma.. he's a craptastic prez. GWB was able to get dozens of countries onboard for Iraq.. and the left always stated he was an idiot. Yet the left's idol and supposed oober-doober smartust prez evar with his vast amounts of mad community organizin' skillz cannot get anyone onboard... even the Brits shot him down. Nothing to contest there.. I can see why you opted to drop the point.

    But what exactly am I supposedly giving GWB a pass on?
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  9. #69
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    644

    Re: Syria.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    Mass Confusion here. Pick your alliegence please - while at it, pick a consistent position.

    How did "We" have a conflict in Iraq, when "You couldn't get Canada to help in Iraq or Vietnam"?

    How did the "We" transmute to "They" in the sentence "They definitely helped in Afghanistan, though"? Since you claim to be a Canadian citizen and resident, would not Canadian involvement be correctly stated from your perspective as "We' and not "They"?

    Doesn't look like you know WTF your position is - you're all over the place.
    We -> Humanity
    They -> Canadian Military

    Yeah, I'll concede I did not spend much effort in grammar.

  10. #70
    Joined
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Czech republic
    Age
    41
    Posts
    522

    Re: Syria.

    Look, what these people done in Syria:
    http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2...-ruins/100402/

    ...and especially well look at this sniper rifle scope:



    To me it looks like a pretty good scope and I want the same from USA gov. Especially at a time, when in absolute disregard for the constitution is the USA gov aiming to disarm USA citizens, I find alarming that it can give money for hi-tech quality weapons and support for such people, that even claim the 9/11 terrorist attack as their victory.
    So must I start killing a gasing people around on mass scale to get one sniper rifle like this too?
    Or do I need to do it in Syria only?

    How these people are any different from USA citizens?
    Will USA gov support and arm bands of such crazy religious fanatics, if they act like they do in Syria in the USA?

    No? Why not?



    However the motives, why USA gov is supporting these bastards are for me pretty clear. I cannot put it better that Aaron did there, but for everyone who don't understand - there is why:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP7L8bw5QF4


    But why is USA supporting these bastards with arms?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOFVCF1KtxI

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0LHMBO6tc8

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcYERXe_pFU

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpc2QIlWFeI

    ...clearly these are weapons you did not find on the street. The first is 9M133 Kornet, witch is "a Russian anti-tank guided missile... but is not intended to fully replace previous systems, due to the cost."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9M133_Kornet
    So, too pricey for Russian army, yet some terrorist got it and use it on regular basic?


    BTW, it cannot be any discussion anymore about WHO used the Sarin gas - these mass murdering religions fanatics speaking about it openly to their radios:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0jNjuDONm0

    http://www.mediafire.com/?odqpei9m2hn54x6
    "It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
    "I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway my config - my caps

  11. #71
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,027

    Re: Syria.

    I made a post in this thread but it's gone. Now I'm too lazy to repost it. I blame the NSA.

    *shakes fist at ceiling* Damn you, Obama!

  12. #72
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    69
    Posts
    13,503

    Re: Syria.

    Obama goes golfing after deciding on Syria military strike
    Published August 31, 2013

    President Obama played golf on Saturday following his major announcement that he had decided the United States should take military action against the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad for using chemical weapons on civilians during that countryís civil war.

    The president and Vice President Biden left for the course within minutes of his Rose Garden speech in which he asked Congress to first approve such action.

    They played at nearby Fort Belvoir with regular Obama golfing partner Marvin Nicholson, the White House trip director, and with Nicholsonís brother, Walter Nicholson, rounding out the foursome.

    Obama is an avid golfer, and his outings have resulted in critics frequently saying throughout his presidency that the president is enjoying himself while too many Americans are out of work or suffering through another crisis.

    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2dathhKCR
    Yep he's really upset about 1,400 people dying in a gas attack in Syria. He even took his pet puppet Biden with him.

    Yawn...

  13. #73
    Joined
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Obamaland
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,534

    Re: Syria.

    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    GWB was able to get dozens of countries onboard for Iraq.. and the left always stated he was an idiot.
    But what exactly am I supposedly giving GWB a pass on?
    So why don't you tell us what it was that got us and dozens of other countries onboard for Iraq.

    I'll give you a clue. It's a 3 letter word that begins with "L" and ends with "E".

    And the Iraq war is known to be the most well organized war in history. Remember 2003.


    As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.



  14. #74
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Posts
    9,372

    Re: Syria.

    ^ Obama's certainly done a masterful job over there.....
    Hillary +3

    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS Z170-AR i7 6700, 16G RAM - Liquid Cooled
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

  15. #75
    Joined
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Czech republic
    Age
    41
    Posts
    522

    Re: Syria.

    Yea, but mainly he shoudl stop supporting these terrorists first!

    War crimes by Syrian rebels must be condemned too
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...gime-condemned
    The US and Britain must make it clear that human rights abuses by Syrian rebels will endanger the support of the west

    "It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
    "I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway my config - my caps

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •