Win 7 64-bit not "seeing" all 16 GB of RAM

I just installed a set of 4X4GB of RAM. I am running Windows 7, 64-bit, Home Premium. I have double checked that my MB does in fact support the exact specs of the RAM I just installed (DDR3-1600, supports 16GB).

However, when I check the system settings in Windows I see the following line:
    "Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB (3.18 GB usable)"
    The next line confirms that I am using a 64-bit OS.

Why won't my computer address all 16 GB?

Re: Win 7 64-bit not "seeing" all 16 GB of RAM

Hi, And welcome to the forums.

Could you enter your system information into the space for that in your User CP then enable viewing of it? Or could you make a detailed signature listing all of your parts? This will help others answer this and future questions, and you only need to do it once. As an example of the level of detail we need, you can click on my system dropdown or look at some of the other signatures you see here. Thanks.

Thank you for the welcome and the tip on the system spec drop down. That's a slick feature!

Go into the bios, advanced view, and look for a memory remap feature (Uncore config), and make sure it's enabled.

EDIT: after looking at the menus for bios v2.70 for your board (using AMIBCP), it doesn't even have the remap option, nor is it even a hidden option either (the only hidden option was being able to set the RTC Alarm time, rather than just the date; under the ACPI submenu). You may be out of luck.

check to see if it accepts 8GB of ram. if it still shows up as 4GB, then you are SOL my friend... in which case, get in contact with ASROCK and see what can be done since it SHOULD be an option for the board.
    Last edited by JSLEnterprises; 10-05-2012 at 07:03 AM.
    ..::J.S.L::..

Email: jsl@jslenterprises.net

Interesting. Thank you for the input, JSL. I'll have a look and see.

Mildly frustrating since the documentation for the MB clearly states it can accept 4x4GB.