Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Recommend me a craft beer

Dead guy ale is good, shock top is decent too. Magic hat also makes some good beers.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Blue Moon is good. I've had that before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    shock top is decent too
    Just so you guys know, Shock Top and Blue Moon are made by Budweiser and Coors respectively. Not that they're not OK, but they're not really craft beers
    My fallback emergency purchase will be a couple of Colt 45s!

Nothing like the sound of cocking open a Colt 45.
    Classic commercial

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Your local grocery store should have an aisle where you can "build" your own six pack out of numerous brands of craft beer.

I'm turned off by craft beers in general, especially flavored beer. A lot of their flavors are based off artificial ingredients and are essentially syrups.

Everyone stop typing. Billy Dee Williams has spoken and Colt 45 it is!

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter256 View Post
    Your local grocery store should have an aisle where you can "build" your own six pack out of numerous brands of craft beer.

I'm turned off by craft beers in general, especially flavored beer. A lot of their flavors are based off artificial ingredients and are essentially syrups.
    craft beers != flavored. Yea there are a lot of flavored craft beers (magic hat #9 comes to mind), but most are just the basic ingredients

Trust me, I do science

Next week we`re off to fire island. Get my fire island red wagon beer.quite good
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter256 View Post

You are obviously not from the north, lol.

I don't even know the nearest state that allows alcoholic beverages to be sold in liquor stores.

Here in Pennsylvania; they are still debating privatizing liquor stores

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...stores-639990/

But for me, it's nothing that a 10 mile trip across the mason dixon line won't fix.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    You are obviously not from the north, lol.

I don't even know the nearest state that allows alcoholic beverages to be sold in liquor stores.

Here in Pennsylvania; they are still debating privatizing liquor stores

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...stores-639990/

But for me, it's nothing that a 10 mile trip across the mason dixon line won't fix.
    I'm confused

in NJ all types of alcohol are sold in "liquor stores" and its all private

Trust me, I do science

so what'd you get

Trust me, I do science

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    so what'd you get
    Went camping this weekend with the fam and brought my dad a case of Fat Tire. But, my stepmom bought him Shock Top and Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy so we had a fair bit of fancy (read: not Miller Lite) beers. Fat Tire is good. Has a very grainy taste to it. Almost tastes like vodka or grain alcohol. But I liked it. Shock Top is good too.

Summer Shandy is still probably my favorite "craft" (heavy quotes) even though the money goes to the MillerCoors corporate machine. Leinenkugels is still run by the Leinenkugel family and brewed in Chippewa Falls. I'd like to say Miller has kept their nose out of it and Leinenkugels just uses Miller's distribution network, but I'm sure the suits at Miller have some say in how the company's run.

And I'll probably get flamed for this, but I drank a fair bit of Bud Light this weekend *ducks*. It's like the 7UP of beer. It tastes okay and goes down easy. I also played beer pong with my stepsister and we drank Pabst Blue Ribbon (gag). But it's like $15 for a 30-pack of PBR so it's about the quantity, not the quality at that point. Also, I am the Undisputed Beer Pong Champion of the Wisconsin Northwoods.

Jagerbombs and Apple Jack shots were also consumed. Hang overs ensued the next day. Oh, and Tequila jello shots. Some how a camping trip for my dad's birthday turned into a festival of alcohol.

I'm confused

in NJ all types of alcohol are sold in "liquor stores" and its all private
    Some states are silly and require hard liquor or even beer in some cases to be sold in government-run ABC stores. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tates_by_state.

It's a stupid prohibition-era law. The government doesn't need to be in the business of selling alcohol. That's my TLR rant for the week now that I'm back from vacation.

Some states are silly and require hard liquor or even beer in some cases to be sold in government-run ABC stores. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tates_by_state.

It's a stupid prohibition-era law. The government doesn't need to be in the business of selling alcohol. That's my TLR rant for the week now that I'm back from vacation.
    Yea, i'm aware of the stupid crap that goes on in PA since I went to school there, and it sucked. my response was mostly due to the fact that I was surprised that Justin, as a pennsylvanian, was aware of his eastern neighbor's vastly superior liquor store situation

Went camping this weekend with the fam and brought my dad a case of Fat Tire. But, my stepmom bought him Shock Top and Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy so we had a fair bit of fancy (read: not Miller Lite) beers. Fat Tire is good. Has a very grainy taste to it. Almost tastes like vodka or grain alcohol. But I liked it. Shock Top is good too.

Summer Shandy is still probably my favorite "craft" (heavy quotes) even though the money goes to the MillerCoors corporate machine. Leinenkugels is still run by the Leinenkugel family and brewed in Chippewa Falls. I'd like to say Miller has kept their nose out of it and Leinenkugels just uses Miller's distribution network, but I'm sure the suits at Miller have some say in how the company's run.

And I'll probably get flamed for this, but I drank a fair bit of Bud Light this weekend *ducks*. It's like the 7UP of beer. It tastes okay and goes down easy. I also played beer pong with my stepsister and we drank Pabst Blue Ribbon (gag). But it's like $15 for a 30-pack of PBR so it's about the quantity, not the quality at that point. Also, I am the Undisputed Beer Pong Champion of the Wisconsin Northwoods.

Jagerbombs and Apple Jack shots were also consumed. Hang overs ensued the next day. Oh, and Tequila jello shots. Some how a camping trip for my dad's birthday turned into a festival of alcohol.
    I'd rather drink a PBR than a Bud Light, except *maybe* for beer pong (or beirut) I really don't care for anything made by Leinenkugel's, including the shandy, which I thought was mediocre at best. I like shandy, but I'd rather make my own than drink that... the taste was just off to me

Trust me, I do science

Yea, i'm aware of the stupid crap that goes on in PA since I went to school there, and it sucked. my response was mostly due to the fact that I was surprised that Justin, as a pennsylvanian, was aware of his eastern neighbor's vastly superior liquor store situation

I'd rather drink a PBR than a Bud Light, except *maybe* for beer pong (or beirut) I really don't care for anything made by Leinenkugel's, including the shandy, which I thought was mediocre at best. I like shandy, but I'd rather make my own than drink that... the taste was just off to me
    Pennsylvania has alot of stupid prohibition era laws regarding the sale of beer, liquor and wine.

To get beer, you have to purchase it by the case from a beer and soda distributor. The only (legal) way around this is to buy beer from a bar where you'll basically be buying 6 beers at their individual price so a 6 pack ends up costing $10 and up.
    To get hard liquor and wine, you'll have to go to a state run liquor store if you are lucky enough to live near to one, and you dont live in a dry municipality. And yes, there are still some townships and boroughs where alcohol is prohibited. And technically buying alcohol out of state and transporting it is also illegal and considered a felony by both MD and PA, but what's funny about that is there are alot liquor stores set up right under the MD/PA line on alot of that are nowhere near any development on MD's side of the line.
    And I've been told that liquor licenses in P.A. for bars and restaurants go for $1,000,000 because they issue so many per municipality and its based on population. And if your business owes back taxes, your liquor license is the first thing to go.

But yeah, PA is know for having the most strict liquor laws in the U.S, just check wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol...vania#See_also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tates_by_state

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    In 2010, a trial was initiated to test selling wine in grocery stores using vending machines. The buyer must present identification, look into a camera to allow an offsite PLCB employee to verify the identification, and blow into a breathalyzer to authorize the sale. (See US Wine Vending Machines) This practice was ended in September 2011. (See State Pulls Plug On Wine Kiosk Program)

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

I think Utah still has the strictest alcohol laws of any state in the nation because of all the Mormons. A friend of mine had a business trip to Park City, Utah and said they're real strict on all that crap there.

Funny they're next to Nevada who I believe has some of the most lax alcohol laws in the country.

Last beer I had was Steinlager, bottle, not can. 6 pack. Finished that off in two nights.