Win7 install Problem sovled "unable to create or find system partition on SSD"
What I did to fix it. Hopefully someone else won't have to pull their hair out.
- Win7 install Problem sovled "unable to create or find system partition on SSD"
- setup does show you your HD that is plugged in but refuses to install. even if you click "delete and create partition.
I had to 2 things. Both steps
- I used "secure erase" from my SSD manufacture to erase it. You can google "disk part clean" commands from google if you can't find your SSD tools software.
- Don't boot from USB. I was spinning wheels. someone's message post said to boot from DVD. I tried it and it fixed the problem.
- unplug all your HD's. Only have your HD or your SSD plugged in that you want to install to.
Don't trust the USB boot. it looks like it's working by getting you to the windows7 screen and choice menu, it even shows which HD to install to. But it's a LIE, don't trust the USB thumb drive. I lost 3 days of troubleshooting. I would have been done early if I just secure erased the ssd and booted from DVD instead of stupid USB stick.