New Microcenter stores opening

We are very pleased to announce plans to add 4 new next-generation Micro Center stores in the next 18 months or so, and wanted our Facebook fans to be among the first to know! These new stores in Maryland, New York and Wisconsin, and more that are to follow represent the largest expansion in the history of our business, which currently operates 23 stores nationwide. We want to introduce our shopping experience to a whole new group of customers. Competitive pricing, a huge selection and associates that know what they are talking about are what we think our customers deserve. The first of these stores is in the Baltimore area, it will be 40,000 sq. ft. and is slated to open in November this year, followed by a 60,000 sq. ft. store in Queens, New York(WOOT WOOT for me) in mid 2013. Other stores, all part of our next-generation format will continue to open in late 2013 and on. We will keep you posted on how we’re doing. In the mean time, tell all your friends that live in these areas!
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

Re: New Microcenter stores opening

Hmmmm....

Any idea where in Wisconsin ?

Micro Center stores More specifics we have at the time.
    Baltimore = Towson MD, E Joppa
    Queens = Flushing NY,
    Wisconsin = Milwaukee

These are the current details available. Apply know to work at our Towson location by clicking the blue "Work for us" image under the cover photo.

Quote Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
    Micro Center stores More specifics we have at the time.
    Baltimore = Towson MD, E Joppa
    Queens = Flushing NY,
    Wisconsin = Milwaukee

These are the current details available. Apply know to work at our Towson location by clicking the blue "Work for us" image under the cover photo.
    Yeah for Keven...a little bit of a drive for me.

Still closer than driving to Chicago though..

Fawk.... there goes my best source for driving distance CPU/MOBO deals. Think I've bought my last 3 CPU's there. Hopefully they find another local place to set up a BM operation.

Dear Valued Micro Center Customer -

The staff of Santa Clara Micro Center and our entire company appreciates having you as a Customer, and we sincerely thank you for your ongoing business. It is therefore very difficult to let you know that our Santa Clara store is closing on Monday, July 23rd. Needless to say, we are very disappointed with unsuccessful attempts to negotiate an economically viable extension of our store lease, and we deeply regret not being able to fully serve you going forward.

However, Micro Center has always been committed to supporting our Customers, so we will continue to be here for you over the next several weeks.

Santa Clara Customers can take advantage of FREE Micro Center In-store Technical Support for the next 30 days. After August 22nd, we will offer you FREE Micro Center telephone Technical Support for the next six months. Details of these — and other services noted below — are available at our special Customer Help Page at
    www.microcenter.com/supportsc.

Because we always want you to be satisfied and comfortable with your Micro Center purchase, we are accepting product returns at our Santa Clara store for the next 60 days, and are providing options after this in-store returns period ends on 9/21/12. Please note that the store is not open for shopping or pickup of web orders and we are not conducting a liquidation sale, so we can only offer simple product exchanges for a limited time while there is merchandise in the store.

Again, for full details on all services, store hours, phone numbers, and additional updates, please visit our Customer Help Page at www.microcenter.com/supportsc. Customers who have bought Service Plans and Micro Center’s computer house brand, PowerSpec, will also find pertinent support information there.

We appreciate that Customers often know many of our associates, and we want you to know that we recognize their talents and are providing them a responsible assistance package including transfer and relocation.

Our company is financially strong and we are growing nationwide. We continue to open stores in the country’s best locations, and so will continue to look at opportunities in the Bay area.

Again, thank you for being our Customer, and for allowing us to have earned your business over the years.

Your Micro Center Team
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Just saw this on their Facebook. I'm in Queens very close to flushing, I usually take the drive to Westbury but I don't mind the drive Zetachi knows where that is Your in NY also. I do like the Westbury store better than Yonkers, plus you have to pay toll and gas to get to Yonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by T1125P View Post
    Just saw this on their Facebook. I'm in Queens very close to flushing, I usually take the drive to Westbury but I don't mind the drive Zetachi knows where that is Your in NY also. I do like the Westbury store better than Yonkers, plus you have to pay toll and gas to get to Yonkers.
    I know where that is also, I'm in LI quite often.

My Hotel I stay at is in Westbury...

Been to that store MANY times.

Really? Your from WI, thats cool though. The Westbury store is pretty big to.

3.5 hr drive to the NY location for me. I think I'd lose on gas

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

The philadelphia location is still the best for me, but none of them are particularly close so I usually lose out on gas/tolls. Maybe if I'm up there for a Mets game I'll stop by the new location

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Wink Re: New Microcenter stores opening

psyched!!! I love Microcenter and travel to Westbury from Queens. I think the new location is going into a group of stores on Kissena Blvd. around 71st Ave. I am really hoping for a job there.....wish me luck!!

I love Micro Center. Can't speak for all the other locations, but everyone at the Dallas store knows their facts when it comes to PC hardware. It's one of the few stores I go to where the sales team always has questions for me about our products and answers for anything else I might want to know while I'm there. Top notch place to get a board/CPU/ram combo put together, too.
    i5-3570k @ 3.8GHz / Cooler Master Seidon 120XL cooler | Cooler Master Storm Styker case | Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W PSU | Kingston Hyper X Beast 2133Mhz 32GB | ASUS P67 Sabertooth | Corsair Neutron 480GB | GALAX GTX 980 HOF