Looking for a new wireless router

I've been using a D-Link DGL-4300 for over 5 years now. It's been an overall good router but now that most of the PCs and devices in my house are wireless I was thinking of upgrading from G to N. Reviews on routers seems hit & miss these days. I just need something with decent range and most of all - doesn't drop connections and need to be restarted every couple of days. In the past I have liked D-Link but they don't seem to have any routers that stand out now.

Any recommendations?

Newegg has discounts & on Buffalo. Reviews are ok. I don't really care about DD-WRT as long as the router is reliable with stable wireless. Are Buffalo routers any better or worse than other brands?

http://www.newegg.com/Store/BrandSub...reless-Routers
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Re: Looking for a new wireless router

I concur with this recommendation. Everything works well for me , with the exception of dhcp reservation, which is grayed out

Hmm the Asus routers look nice. The RT-N66U is a bit expensive though. I'm going to check out the other Asus models.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

The Dir-655 is lightening quick with frightening coverage. But the Asus unleashes up a whole new dd-wrt and open-source world of tweaking. My favorite is the RT-N66U. Expensive...c'mon, it's only money! If you're choking on the price tag, just go back to cables.

After putting a new router on the back burner for a while I finally got around to buying one today. Newegg finally had a rebate deal on some of the Asus routers. I couldn't decide between the RT-N56U ($85 AR) and the RT-N66U ($140 AR). I'm sure either would have been a huge upgrade but I figured since I don't buy routers very often I went for the N66U.

And btw I happen to like wires when I can run them They're permanent, fast and reliable!

Since my order Newegg has lowered the price of the N56U by another $15 now just $70 after rebate. I hope the N66U is worth the extra $70.