Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Asrock Z77 OC Formula

My SATA3/USB3 card up and quit working right. End up tossing it in the garbage, the Marvell SATA3 chip was a piece of junk anyway, and I never got any USB 3 devices, and don't have a need for them at this point and time.

Been working a ghost in the machine out, is what I would call the odd ness that happened recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl224 View Post
    My SATA3/USB3 card up and quit working right. End up tossing it in the garbage, the Marvell SATA3 chip was a piece of junk anyway, and I never got any USB 3 devices, and don't have a need for them at this point and time.

Been working a ghost in the machine out, is what I would call the odd ness that happened recently.
    so did you try my suggestion ( see page 3 of this thread )
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

After I removed the U3S6 card, I then discovered that last month when I had to reformat and reinstall, that Windows Update installed a version of the ASUS ACPI driver that was put out in 2004. I installed the 2009 version and the ASUS AI Suite software to keep an eye on my cpu fan speed. That fixed the Windows 7 crashes.

As for Nvidia, the drivers for quite sometime, including the latest drivers and the graphics chip cause the MMORPG I play Forsaken World to crash quite often, I'd reached the point where I said no more of that garbage. I uninstalled everything Nvidia related except for the Physx drivers, took out the GTX 460's, installed the Radeon 7850's, installed AMD Catalyst 12.10, and no crashing in Forsaken World, even played Mass Effect 3 which looked better on the Radeon 7850's.

What really burned me where Nvidia is concerned, is that to file a driver bug report with them, one has to create an account on their website and log in.

Because the Radeon 7850's only need one PCI Express power cable hooked up to each card, cause my powersupply had 4 hooked up to power the GTX 460's, I took out two of the PCI Express power cables, hooked up the two that were left to the 7850's and then connected a seperate power cable to one of the empty power connectors on my powersupply, and plugged a power cable in to my Xonar Essence STX, so that it has it's own power cable/supply from the powersupply. After this the problems were solved and the ghost in my machine as I like to call it went away.

well my last post in this thread seeing the Biostar Z77 is due to arrive today and the Asrock is on a express ride to the city dump
    been fun !
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23