in the name of Ti

Ti... what is it?

Are Ti overclocked (from factory)?

If I see those numbers (for 660Ti):
    (Base clock) 915
    (Boost clock) 980
    (CUDA) 1344
    Does it mean it's not overclocked?

Problem is when I review video cards, there are different numbers between different manufactures. So, I look the numbers from nVidia website, that would be non-oc, right?

Is 660Ti in naive 19201080? I have two 23" HD monitors.

Lastly, 660Ti should be a good card? This new build is going to be sortof my last build (and for my use), I want a good "future-proof" video card. I only play one HD game, but that game keeps up with new technology. All my kids are into laptops.

i7-3770 with 660Ti

Chuck
    call waiting was referred to a line outside of a phone booth
    flat screen was something put in window to keep inserts out
    airbag was someone who talked too much
    spam was found only in the kitchen
    cell phone was what used to make the one call from jail
    pierced ears was from going to loud concerts
    high-speed access was an on-ramp to the freeway

Re: in the name of Ti

Card with better components I think.

The main difference is that Ti edition cards have more stream processors than their non-Ti counterparts. In the case of the 660, the Ti version has 1344 cores while the standard edition has 960. Also, the standard 660 supports 2-way SLI while the Ti version can do 3-way. Both will be able to handle 1920x1080 and higher on up to 4 displays.

The card you list above is running at reference non-OC clocks. If you're looking for an overclocked card to get more bang for your buck I'd highly recommend one of our own GC edition cards, which also have quite a few other custom improvements:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...660+gc&x=0&y=0

As far as future proofing goes, it just depends on how much you want to spend. Both cards are really good values at their respective price points, will be able to run any current game on really nice settings in 1080p, and SLI very well giving you some upgrade options later on if your board supports it.
    i7 950 @ 3.45GHz / Thermaltake Frio Cooler | Silverstone Raven RV-01 Case | Corsair HX1000W PSU | Corsair 6GB PC3-12800 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | WD Caviar Black 500 GB | Galaxy GTX 680 GC 4GB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: GalaxyUS / Facebook: GalaxyUS

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxytech View Post
    The main difference is that Ti edition cards have more stream processors than their non-Ti counterparts. In the case of the 660, the Ti version has 1344 cores while the standard edition has 960. Also, the standard 660 supports 2-way SLI while the Ti version can do 3-way. Both will be able to handle 1920x1080 and higher on up to 4 displays.

The card you list above is running at reference non-OC clocks. If you're looking for an overclocked card to get more bang for your buck I'd highly recommend one of our own GC edition cards, which also have quite a few other custom improvements:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...660+gc&x=0&y=0

As far as future proofing goes, it just depends on how much you want to spend. Both cards are really good values at their respective price points, will be able to run any current game on really nice settings in 1080p, and SLI very well giving you some upgrade options later on if your board supports it.
    interesting , wonder how the 660ti version does in 2 way sli VS a 660 non ti in sli ?
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

Quote Originally Posted by brothergc View Post
    interesting , wonder how the 660ti version does in 2 way sli VS a 660 non ti in sli ?
    The Ti version is great for SLI and I would recommend such a setup to anyone without hesitation, but in my own personal experience the non-Ti version really blew me away with its relative SLI performance. In my own testing, the performance gap actually did close a good bit between the two GPUs when SLI was enabled; a single 660 Ti was about 30% faster than a single 660, but a pair of 660 Tis were about 15% faster than a pair of 660s. The Ti version was still appreciably faster in both instances, but for the price a pair of 660s is a tough deal to beat too. Another thing to note, however, is that (also in my own testing) the 660 Ti GC I tested was considerably more overclockable, even to the point of outrunning a stock 670. That's something worth considering if you like to OC.

As to which is best for you, it really just depends on what you want out of your system and how much you're willing to spend. The 660 Ti offers the benefits of more speed, more OC potential, the choice of a 3GB version (essential for multi-display gaming), and the option for 3-way SLI if you're interested in that level of expansion. The 660 on the other hand is much cheaper, has extremely good SLI scaling (max 2-way), and requires very little power (just one 6-pin per card). It's up to you which best suits your needs, but either GPU is a really good choice right now for SLI.

If you're considering an upgrade, I'd highly recommend one of our GC edition cards with heavily improved PCB design and cooling:
    Galaxy GTX 660 GC
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Graphics-Cards
    Galaxy GTX 660 Ti GC 2GB (this card is an insanely good deal today, BTW, 10% off w/promo code)
    Galaxy GTX 660 Ti GC 3GB

Hope this answers all your questions.
    i7 950 @ 3.45GHz / Thermaltake Frio Cooler | Silverstone Raven RV-01 Case | Corsair HX1000W PSU | Corsair 6GB PC3-12800 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | WD Caviar Black 500 GB | Galaxy GTX 680 GC 4GB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: GalaxyUS / Facebook: GalaxyUS

the ti video cards has more performance than the non-ti card....therefore the 660 ti is faster than the no-ti..agree with above thread , the ti usually has more stream processors, but i just wonder if that has allways been the case...seems like some ti cards are just overclocked, but i may be wrong
    #1-i5-3570k -asus sabertooth p67- asus r9 290
    #2-amd phenom II x6 1100T-asus M5A97-evga gtx 260
    #3-amd phenom II x2 560 (4 cores enabled) -BIOSTAR TA880GB -evga gtx 260
    #4-amd fx-6300- GA-990FXA-UD3-gigabyte -evga gtx 660
    #5-dell inspiron 1520-8600 gt

Quote Originally Posted by geekkyyy View Post
    tbut i just wonder if that has allways been the case...seems like some ti cards are just overclocked, but i may be wrong
    At least since nV has resurrected the Ti branding (5xx series), all Ti cards have had more stream processors. Many are also factory overclocked, but the main reason for the Ti/non-Ti distinction has always been stream processors.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

thanks for clearing that up, i was not too sure about nvidia,s intentions on the ti cards....i even have an old ti card ln my drawer from the athlon xp days.....
    #1-i5-3570k -asus sabertooth p67- asus r9 290
    #2-amd phenom II x6 1100T-asus M5A97-evga gtx 260
    #3-amd phenom II x2 560 (4 cores enabled) -BIOSTAR TA880GB -evga gtx 260
    #4-amd fx-6300- GA-990FXA-UD3-gigabyte -evga gtx 660
    #5-dell inspiron 1520-8600 gt

Quote Originally Posted by geekkyyy View Post
    thanks for clearing that up, i was not too sure about nvidia,s intentions on the ti cards....i even have an old ti card ln my drawer from the athlon xp days.....
    If you're talking about the the Ti 4200 days, then I'm not entirely sure what the difference was. That was back in the time before unified shader architectures, so it could have been shader/vertex pipelines, or simply clock speed. At the very least, nV's intentions in resurrecting the branding were to invoke memories of those days!

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present