Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Official Feedback Thread - Forums upgrade and style

please leave any feedback or suggestions in this thread. all bug reporting and style issues are being logged and tracked in the thread below. this thread is only for feedback and suggestions. all off topic posts will be removed.

bug reporting thread:
    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.p...49#post4540749
    hmm...

Re: PC Perspective Forums Upgrade Bug/Style Reporting Thread

Not real fond of the new style. Like the front page there is just too much blank space on each side of the content. Doubt you'd need much more than a 15" monitor as it only fills about 1/3 of my screen. Are you going tall and skinny to attract the tablet/smartphone crowd?
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Re: PC Perspective Forums Upgrade Bug/Style Reporting Thread

it was designed to match the new site.
    hmm...

Re: Official Feedback Thread - Forums upgrade and style

I find it busy and a little hard to read but I'm sure I will get used to it.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    I find it busy and a little hard to read but I'm sure I will get used to it.
    i agree with this. i will be working over the next couple of weeks to try and make it a little less busy. thanks for the input
    hmm...

Any plans to add Tapatalk or ForumRunner for Mobile users?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlack View Post
    Any plans to add Tapatalk or ForumRunner for Mobile users?
    that hasnt been discussed yet but i will check in with ryan about it once we get things settled down with the new upgrade. it may take a bit so please try to be patient with us.
    hmm...

Thnx - if I had a choice - I luv Tapatalk - mainly for the instant access to "Participated Threads"

but I've been running both on my own vB4 forum without problems - so far
    Last edited by MrBlack; 10-14-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlack View Post
    Thnx - if I had a choice - I luv Tapatalk - mainly for the instant access to "Participated Threads"

but I've been running both on my own forum without problems - so far
    ive read a lot about tapatalk (not so much forumrunner). i would like to see more mobile friendly options implemented.
    hmm...

I only added ForumRunner because they added free to vB4 but haven't used the client much.

The plus about it is that they have a free client- although it only allows you to read the forums - will need to pay for the ForumRunner client if want to post

I do like that Tapatalk has the basic needed Moderator options which can be enabled
    Last edited by MrBlack; 10-14-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise One View Post
    i agree with this. i will be working over the next couple of weeks to try and make it a little less busy. thanks for the input
    Yea, i'm of the same opinion, it is very busy. waaaaaay too narrow on the actual forum stuff, I have huge white bars on either side of the actual content that are a massive waste of space. i have a 2560x1440 panel and it looks like this was designed for monitors from 10 years ago :\

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    Yea, i'm of the same opinion, it is very busy. waaaaaay too narrow on the actual forum stuff, I have huge white bars on either side of the actual content that are a massive waste of space. i have a 2560x1440 panel and it looks like this was designed for monitors from 10 years ago :\
    ill be making changes over the next couple of weeks to make it less busy. as for the width, it was designed to match the site. not much i can do about that.
    hmm...

ill be making changes over the next couple of weeks to make it less busy. as for the width, it was designed to match the site. not much i can do about that.
    Then I guess the next logical question would be what was the intent of the site that you are matching? The content bar is narrow as heck. This format wastes a lot of space. I'll probably wear out a scroll wheel just typing this post. Seriously though.. this is "PC" perspective and most of us like to use the real estate today's wide screen monitors offer.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

I like it. I like that it matches the main site now.

My critique applies to both

I look forward to the updates and thanks for the hard work

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present