Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: PC Perspective Forums Upgrade Bug/Style Reporting Thread

Error posting to MS Windows forum:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /newthread.php on this server.
    Apache Server at forums.pcper.com Port 80

Just registered - received email with activation code - logged on to URL as advised but can't see where to input activation code - please advise.

Is it possible for one's search string to not disappear when I press "back" to return to searching, then click into the search box (which has my search string displayed until I actually click into the box)? Many times I just want to add/remove a word in an existing search, not wanting to really type everything in again.
    Just wondering,
    Thanks,
    Jeff

this th

I believe it is just a regular PC installation. EXE file downloaded, installed, then I registered it with the provided information. It didnt make any mention of a portable version being available this way.

no option to delete/remove account? birthday spam? seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by codejockey View Post
    no option to delete/remove account? birthday spam? seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.
    one email a year from the forums wishing you a happy birthday can hardly be considered spam. with that said, you can try to remove the check marks on any or all of these settings [refer to attachment] to see if that stops the emails coming in.

also, legally, the accounts created on these forums (along with all threads/posts/content on these forums) belong to PCPer and we are not obligated to provide the option for users to delete their accounts.

we appreciate your concern certainly, but we are protected.
    hmm...