Linksys WRT110 assigns default gateway as well as internet dns servers to dhcp?

Hi I have a CISCO DDR2200 which is the modem for bonded 20mbps and it works over the cisco since the cisco sends out only the 2 dns servers to dhcp users and we can get online. When I bridge the Cisco DDR2200 and enter the PPOE info in the LINKSYS WRT110, the Linksys Authenticates and says it's connected displaying the 2 correct dns servers in the Internet Status page.

When you connect to the linksys wrt110 the wrt110's dhcp sends out a total of 5 dns servers. One being 192.168.1.1, next one being the correct dns server #1, next one being correct dns server #2, then there are 2 other which are just server #1, and server #2 again.

Why does the WRT110 do this? I set a static dns server to 8.8.8.8 and my computer shows 8.8.8.8 and 192.168.1.1 so I'm wondering why it's sending the default gateway over dns? Because it's obviously causing the issue since we cannot go online.

THANK YOU GUYS AND I HOPE YOU CAN HELP!

Re: Linksys WRT110 assigns default gateway as well as internet dns servers to dhcp?

Why are you doing static info? Will it work if its all set to automatic?

Re: Linksys WRT110 assigns default gateway as well as internet dns servers to dhcp?

no that's the problem it says internet is connected in the internet status of the router but computers have no internet access. The first dns server is 192.168.1.1 and then there are 4 more the first 2 being the correct dns and the last two being the same two correct dns servers. I think the first one being 192.168.1.1 is causing the issue.

on the secondary router...is it also assigning IP addresses?

are you setting the dns server to be on the router ?(2200?) or the computers ?

Since the DDR2200 is in bridge mode all of its functions are disabled and only the Linksys WRT110 is doing all the work including DHCP and PPOE authentication. Maybe it needs a firmware upgrade?