For the first time...(Didn't think I'd say this)

I'm not interested in upgrading my PC.

I haven't done a major upgrade to my main box since I did a quick update after the PSU-related fatality of my DFI Ultra-D. I got a mid-range Radeon 6750 for it a couple years ago, and what gaming I do on it is very little. I still believe the PC is superior, but I've fallen behind on hardware to the point where I need to do it from scratch to have a proper build. When I look at hardware requirements, I'm on the low-end at best, and sometimes I don't even make the cut.

Secondly, for whatever reason, when I'm parked in front of the PS3, it's much easier to sit on the couch and hold 'em compared to the computer chair. They also like to watch some of what I do.

My wife has said I should treat myself to a computer upgrade, which I'm not necessarily opposed. But, with the state of gaming affairs, I'm not really sure if this is the way to go. Honestly? I'd rather have an Xbox 360 alongside the PS3 because there's some 360 exclusives I'd like to play, primarily GoW series, but I should give the Halo franchise another shot. I don't know what time I'd have to take down my main box. I love to tinker, but this P4 box I was working on hasn't gotten the proper time to be built and moved to one of my old spare cases.

I would have laughed a few years ago at going all console, but it mostly comes down to having a family and those responsibilities. The console is certainly technologically inferior, but honestly, with the ease it is to set one up (plus an HDMI switch I'll need) and the price to get a 250GB 360 and a few accessories off Newgg versus a medium build with an i5-3750K + build time, I just can't do it anymore. Maybe when my boys (and the girl) are older, I can definitely see doing a computer build together, but right now, they're too little to really teach them about the subject or keep them from running off with something, etc.

Sure, I'd take that LGA2011 right with quad-SLI, but right now, I don't think I'd use it more.
    And you know what? I think I'm fine with that. I'd also take a new MacLaren too, but it's not the right choice for me.

Re: For the first time...(Didn't think I'd say this)

Well, sorry to hear that. I don't think anybody would contest that consoles are a cheaper and easier route to gaming.

I like routing my cables too much for a proper computer to be done.

Maybe when I do upgrade, I can justify a monster one for a real fun time!

I understand exactly where you're coming from, well said!