Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Intel or AMD

Re: Intel or AMD

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    Still the answer to life the universe and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxrain View Post
    no workie LOL
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

Currently the Warden has three desktops a 1090 six core and two 8350's an she has two Turion II laptops. I have a 6400 and a 8350 and a new MSI GX-70 laptop which has a A10-5750 I believe. The 4170 is now in Mom's machine, oh and the Kitchen hasa Opteron 148. I have several older machines and lots of parts
    There are advantages to being retarded...and I'm taking advantage of all of them.

They don't like pokemons lol

I have been using Amd since the k6-2 days. I use them because of the price per performance ratio.

Also I have upgraded on of my rigs from a 1055t clocked at 3.5 to a Fx 8350. I can see a real difference. Games are alot smoother and frames flow better.

what do you guys think of the newest release from AMD The Vishera . I been eyeballing the 6350 . New egg has it on sale thinking of pairing it up with a Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z

It and the 4350 would be my choice, cheaper and faster than an 8350, they seem a better value. They have really been out and in stock for just a short while.
    There are advantages to being retarded...and I'm taking advantage of all of them.

yea dont see the 4350 , did just pull the trigger on that 6350 too sweet a deal . I been currious what it is like with the newest AMD offerings . Intel has left me unwhelmed , even more so with their latest offerings . Anyway we will see

I think you will like the 6350, the 4350 was there for $10 less, but I think you would be happy with any of the 350 ending CPU's

Quote Originally Posted by PandaZ3 View Post
    I think you will like the 6350, the 4350 was there for $10 less, but I think you would be happy with any of the 350 ending CPU's
    yep I think Your right . Just wish I could find some good review of the 6350 . I googled it but it seems no one realy doing a review on the CPU . I am sure My 3770k would tromp it , but I still have a soft spot for AMD . Shoot I teethed on AMD back when windows 98 was popular ! LOL

EDIT amazon just shipped my asus Crosshair V Formula-Z smoking deal on the board , we will see this sunday when I get time to get it built
    Last edited by brothergc; 07-31-2013 at 08:37 PM.

You will love the Vishera chip. I didn't think it would be to much of an improvement over the oc'd 1090t I was running in my main rig but damn, it is. Even at stock speeds the Fx8350 is much better then my 3.6 1090t. I have the fx @ 4.4 now and it is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by ThE_MaD_ShOt View Post
    You will love the Vishera chip. I didn't think it would be to much of an improvement over the oc'd 1090t I was running in my main rig but damn, it is. Even at stock speeds the Fx8350 is much better then my 3.6 1090t. I have the fx @ 4.4 now and it is a beast.
    In what areas do you feel it's an improvement?
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Quote Originally Posted by brothergc View Post
    yep I think Your right . Just wish I could find some good review of the 6350 . I googled it but it seems no one realy doing a review on the CPU . I am sure My 3770k would tromp it , but I still have a soft spot for AMD . Shoot I teethed on AMD back when windows 98 was popular ! LOL

EDIT amazon just shipped my asus Crosshair V Formula-Z smoking deal on the board , we will see this sunday when I get time to get it built
    98? That was around when T birds came out, don't worry AMD pwned intel back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    98? That was around when T birds came out, don't worry AMD pwned intel back then.
    Not all true since AMD didn't perform too well when Win98 came out. It did show some promise (and innovation) with the K6-2 though, but was beaten in performance by Intel counterparts.

The A-team back then (at or near Win98 release) was Intel with its Pentium II and perhaps even more importantly the 2nd version of Celeron (particularly 300A, which I still think is the best OC'ng processor, considering both the OC potential and benefit provided), but since Win98 was popular for a looo-oong time (due to the not so awesome Win ME) T-birds did rule the world during that era, also (even though very late in the game).