Thread: Posting errors

Posting errors

Getting 403s with no permission to be on the newpost.php page or something to that effect.

..in Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing it seems.

...setting down to Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls seemed to fix it if you guys did nothing on your end.

Edit: Nope, did not work...Looking around at the sparse posting and lack of response here is a telling thing.
    Last edited by otoc; 11-25-2012 at 06:24 AM.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Re: Posting errors

^^Two errors I seem to encounter

When posting a passage/quote from some places with a built in link..the post never completes and I get locked out for about 10 minutes.
    Opening some threads here does about the same...somehow the connection goes away.

add...post a quick reply and get a pop up: Are you sure you want to leave this page?
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 11-28-2012 at 08:40 AM.

yeah, the page thing. Sure death for the browser. I seem to be posting again but perhaps because I'm staying away from pasted content.

I notice when I searched for my post (via advanced search) to make a humorous response to scooter, there is a recent gap. Nothing over the last few days but this post and then the next is 2011. Using "My Activity" only goes back to 11/7/12. When I had a vB forum, it meant time to do sql maintenance, check that server side, or look at addins.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Another thing I notice..generally in the morning...go to do a simple quick reply at a thread and get the cursed "Are you sure you want to leave this page?" popup. The only option really is to leave the page after playing cat and mouse with the popup.
    Somehow the "post quick reply" is read or confused with abandoning the post.

Here is a strange one. I am unable to view the last page at this thread. I can open from the thread title to the first and post..as I was forced to do earlier but the last page is unviewable. Could there be linked material that my virus protection detects?

Iran: It's getting serious (merged)

Once opened via thread title linl..Im able to go page by page until page 34. At that page I get the "cannot connect" deal.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 12-01-2012 at 09:58 AM.

odd. i havent experienced any of these issues. i just hit page 34 with no problem. not sure what could be causing the issues you guys are experiencing.
    hmm...

I am using IE 9 BTW. The problem seems to be in the mornings. When posting a quick reply the response seems to "hang". In other words I dont see the post in completed form but get the "busy" or "waiting" indicator. Reclicking the post icon gets the exchange that goes in circles...leave page or stay. Perhaps the server does backups or something at a different time now but Id say Im not alone as suggested by this just now