Rand Paul
    Bobby Jindal
    Paul Ryan

DNC

Hillary Clinton
    Martin O'Malley
    Andrew Cuomo
    Malia Obama

Alot of people are buzzing about a Biden 2016, but while it appears that he will run, I highly doubt he will make it past the primaries.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Re: 2016 Picks

With the exception of Malia Obama, I would take any of those over the person sitting in the Oval Office now. Don't forget Nikki Haley and Susan Martinez.
    Brian

sttubs is offline Always learning something

I <3 Chris Christie.
    AMD 8350 w/Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk Ed - Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/4x4gb GSkill Ripjaws 1600 CL7 - Samsung 850 Evo 500gb - WD Black 5Tb - Gigabyte 980 Ti Xtreme Gaming OC Ed - Win 10 Pro 64bit - Lite-On iHES108 - White Corsair 500r w/Corsair AX860i 860W - ASUS VG248QE 144Hz

Heat: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=55337
    Ebay: http://myworld.ebay.com/sttubs/

No Rubio or Warren eh?

I don't think you win the democratic nomination any more unless you are a woman or a minority, so Cuomo and O'Malley are out. I'd say it's Clinton's if she wants it, after that I think you'd have to take a look at a Cory Booker, Deval Patrick, and Elizabeth Warren.

For the repugs, Ryan and Jindal are damaged goods. Rand Paul has a shot if he plays up some of the more liberal parts of being a libertarian. But it's Christie's nomination if he wants it.

No way I can see Christie getting it. Too liberal for most of the Republicans outside of the northeast.
    Brian

John Kasich and Rubio will run on the Republican side.

Biden will mount a much more serious run that people will expect. If Obama's second term goes as well as the lefties hope, there will be some pressure from the liberal establishment to keep the good times rolling. Obama now has a political organization to rival the one established by the Clintons, who he picks to back in 2016 will go a long way.

Warren may run, but she has no tethers to the Democratic establishment. Obama didn't in 2008, either, but Obama was a way more attractive candidate than Warren is. Unless Warren gets the blessing of the Obama organization, she won't go anywhere. Obama won in 2008 because he convinced people he was a postpartisan moderate. I don't see Warren pretending to be a moderate on anything to get elected. Her far-left "you didn't built that" rhetoric will go nowhere nationally. She won by +6 in a D+8 state. You do the math.

I would say Rubio is out front for the GOP.

Biden (God have mercy) would be frontrunner for the Dems if he decides to run. He would be awfully old by then.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    Biden (God have mercy) would be frontrunner for the Dems if he decides to run. He would be awfully old by then.
    So would Hillary. So far, it looks like 2016 will be the geriatrics (Biden, Hillary) vs. the young guns (Ryan, Rubio, Rand Paul, Jindal, Nikki Haley).

Hillary would be 69 in 2016, Romney is currently 68 and his age was never brought up

i honestly thought Romney was mid 50s

Either way given what went down recently with him and his donors, I honestly think he destroyed his political career and is now unelectable.
    Last edited by JustinC939; 11-26-2012 at 12:32 PM.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    Hillary would be 69 in 2016, Romney is currently 68 and his age was never brought up
    As a liberal, you of all people should know that older women are treated more unfairly.

Like 30 Rock said, for men, 40 is the new 30. For for women, 40 is the new 50.

If you don't think Hillary will look old, wrinkly and decrepit next to Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio or (god forbid, for Hillary's sake) Nikki Haley, then you've got another thing coming.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    i honestly thought Romney was mid 50s

Either way given what went down recently with him and his donors, I honestly think he destroyed his political career and is now unelectable.
    How many ex-presidential candidates go on to have a long political career after their big shot? This was Romney's last hurrah in politics, everybody knew it.

Hillary?

That old hag?

That can't be serious.

That would be as silly as Warren.

What? The Democrats are gonna have the old lady debates?

Our birth control is cheap... Menopause Mania 2016!!!

Maybe Al Franken will run and it can really be a shit show.

Assuming there will be an election in 2016 the republican leadership would be crazy if they didn’t go with Rubio. By 2016 the Latino vote could be the majority vote taking into to account Obama’s policy with illegal immigration and immigration reform. Latino’s voters are much like black voters they vote for their own kind.

Could you imagine what would happen to the democrat's pick with 95% of the Latino vote going to Rubio…

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Assuming there will be an election in 2016 the republican leadership would be crazy if they didn’t go with Rubio. By 2016 the Latino vote could be the majority vote taking into to account Obama’s policy with illegal immigration and immigration reform. Latino’s voters are much like black voters they vote for their own kind.
    What will be fun about that is watching the Democrats separate the Latinos into two separate groups... parting off the Cubans from the rest.

Its what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    What will be fun about that is watching the Democrats separate the Latinos into two separate groups... parting off the Cubans from the rest.

Its what they do.

You're right divide and defeat is always their method. But we know they are worried about it when they’re already going after Rubio. We already saw the master centrist of one-worlder talking points here trashing Rubio with the same old Tea Party talking points and the same old creationist blabber.