Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2016 Picks

Re: 2016 Picks

Mayor of New York, Michael Bloomberg, announcing he wants to ban styrofoam from New York and wants 20% of all new parking in New York to be reserved for electric cars.

Exhibit B in my argument that Bloomberg will run for the Democratic nomination. First the gun shit, now this.

He's going to run as a Democrat and say "I used to be a Republican, I can bridge the gap and end the partisan bickering, etc. etc. etc."

Barbara Bush interviewed on Today show at grand opening of George W. Bush presidential library.

When asked about Jeb running in 2016 (emphasis mine):

He’s by far the best qualified man, but no. I really don’t. I think it’s a great country, there are a lot of great families and – it’s not just four families or whatever. [...] There are other people out there that are very qualified and – we’ve had enough Bushes. [...] I don’t think he’ll run.
    Yikes, thanks mom.

^^^ Here's hoping Jeb listens to his Mum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    ^^^ Here's hoping Jeb listens to his Mum.
    Nah, Jeb's the man. I hope he runs. But, I am a little more moderate than you gentlemen. I guess you could say I'm a Centrist™

Though, I don't think he has a snowball's chance in hell with his last name.

^^^ I've got no problem with Jeb.

I've got a big problem with this country anointing certain families. From Kennedys to Booshes to Clintons and all the repeaters and multiple seat fillers from before... screw 'em.

The idea of having a lineage of carpenters, artists, athletes, soldiers, etc., are somehow fine with me... but politicians... ugh. I don't know why.

1972 was the last successful GOP bid for the presidency that didn't have a Bush on the ticket

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

http://www.centerforpolitics.org/cry...016-president/

And I hear Christie is on a diet these days. IMO, he should keep a few extra pounds because that could help boost his New Jersey "Tough Guy" image.

Other than that Id say that Im not surprised with he assessments... except maybe that Rubio is top tier and Paul is 2nd tier but I see where hes coming from.

And as for his DNC prediction.... I dunno about Biden being electable

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

^^^ Had to laugh at the "key advantages"...

Marco Rubio - Hispanic

Bobby Jindal - Brings diversity

IOW... cool that ya ain't white, too bad there ain't more like ya that vote.

I can already see an SNL skit where Chris Christie takes the oath of office on a Dunkin Donuts box.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    http://www.centerforpolitics.org/cry...016-president/

And I hear Christie is on a diet these days. IMO, he should keep a few extra pounds because that could help boost his New Jersey "Tough Guy" image.

Other than that Id say that Im not surprised with he assessments... except maybe that Rubio is top tier and Paul is 2nd tier but I see where hes coming from.

And as for his DNC prediction.... I dunno about Biden being electable
    Christie actually got his stomach stapled, I read. He'll run, but won't get nominated. Every Republican I know is furious with him for locking lips with Obama a week before the election. Besides, he's socially liberal which will upset the religious base.

Don't think Scott Walker will run. Call it a vibe. I think Governor of Wisconsin is as far as he wanted to go. Besides, if I can be honest with myself, he's kind of a boring aw-shucks Midwestern guy. Don't think he has a personality and look that would appeal to the rest of the country as presidential. Besides, I don't want to see him leave Wisconsin.

Sabato is missing (and I'll mention him for the third time in this thread) Michael Bloomberg. He's going to run as a Democrat and try to pretend that he was once a Republican and can bring the parties together because he had an R next to his name in an election once.

Rand Paul is really starting to interest me. Not in an actual politics way, though I probably do agree with him on a lot. I remember once Charles Krauthammer said that Ron Paul's 2008 and 2012 presidential runs were never serious, and they were just campaigns to build a presidential warchest for Rand Paul and to plant the seeds of libertarianism in 20-year-old pot smokers around the country. Ron Paul certainly has a very dedicated group of followers, and since Rand is a little more mainstream (conservatively speaking) than Ron, we'll have to see how feasible Rand Paul 2016 is.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Christie actually got his stomach stapled, I read. He'll run, but won't get nominated. Every Republican I know is furious with him for locking lips with Obama a week before the election. Besides, he's socially liberal which will upset the religious base.

Don't think Scott Walker will run. Call it a vibe. I think Governor of Wisconsin is as far as he wanted to go. Besides, if I can be honest with myself, he's kind of a boring aw-shucks Midwestern guy. Don't think he has a personality and look that would appeal to the rest of the country as presidential. Besides, I don't want to see him leave Wisconsin.

Sabato is missing (and I'll mention him for the third time in this thread) Michael Bloomberg. He's going to run as a Democrat and try to pretend that he was once a Republican and can bring the parties together because he had an R next to his name in an election once.

Rand Paul is really starting to interest me. Not in an actual politics way, though I probably do agree with him on a lot. I remember once Charles Krauthammer said that Ron Paul's 2008 and 2012 presidential runs were never serious, and they were just campaigns to build a presidential warchest for Rand Paul and to plant the seeds of libertarianism in 20-year-old pot smokers around the country. Ron Paul certainly has a very dedicated group of followers, and since Rand is a little more mainstream (conservatively speaking) than Ron, we'll have to see how feasible Rand Paul 2016 is.
    Christie socially liberal? Is this a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Spyd3r View Post
    Christie socially liberal? Is this a joke?
    Maybe you're the joke/
    This thread is 2 years old.
    You need to get a life dude.
    It's All About Having Fun ..... Isn't It?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 | Acer G246HL 24" WideScreen
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    HT|Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll ~ Stanton 681EEE MKlll
    Esoteric Sounds Rek-O-Kut Professional Phono Preamp MKII
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B w/ Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
    Win7 x64