Looking for an indestructable headset

I made a mistake. I made a Guild Wars 2 guild with a couple of geek friends who wanted to increase their in game storage. We called it "Hoarders Of Shiny Things". Up until two weeks ago everything was going well.

Then they started talking about legitimizing it and going into PvP. I'm all for this. However, last time I did this I ended up at the head of a gaming clan of 40 members spread across multiple games. I don't expect this to be the case again, but I do know one thing for certain - I need a headset.

I am incredibly happy with my Logitech Z-5500s hooked up analog to my Xonar D2X for my in game sound as well as any music I listen to. I don't think it can be beat by any headset. The issue is the inevitable outbreak of F-bombs at incredibly inopportune times broadcast to the rest of the house.

I want to look at getting something around $50. Durability and comfort are what I care about the most. My previous headset broke because of the cord. Mic quality is second on the list, with audio quality a distant third - especially if the design is such that I can use the headphones on my on board sound card (or USB if there's no other option) for voicechat, and continue using my speakers on my Xonar D2X for everything else. I just need it for voicechat and the occasional LAN party.

What's out there and recommended?
    My heatware

All students need to check out www.dreamspark.com

Proudly NOT a console or subscription/micropayment gamer.

Re: Looking for an indestructable headset

I second this request.

The durability of most headphones is laughable!

Re: Looking for an indestructable headset

I went ahead and got one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Ga...ref=pd_sim_e_5

I can't quite comment on audio quality yet. I don't love them, but I don't hate them. They feel like something that'll last 2 years with moderate usage.
    My heatware

All students need to check out www.dreamspark.com

Proudly NOT a console or subscription/micropayment gamer.