Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Anyone looking forward to Far Cry 3?

All the reviews I have read have been very positive.

If you are curious, check out the Far Cry 3 Game Stream we are doing tomorrow at 8pm EST. Prizes for those who watch live as well!

http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-C...Graphics-Cards
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective
    rshrout -at- pcper -dot- com
    --= Follow me on Twitter =--

Re: Anyone looking forward to Far Cry 3?

Far Cry 3 is best Far Cry. Steam says I've already been in it for 30 hours, released on 28th where I am. Bit of beta testing. lol Had a power supply problem with the old one, random reboots and sound repeating, couldn't even get furmark past 5 seconds, the new ones much better.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward too it. Reading between the lines, got a lot of early critical acclaim, may be a GOTY contender.

Like I mentioned in another thread, Ubisoft has been promoting this game on YouTube with promoted ads with the tagline "Like Skyrim With Guns". I think they're trying to emphasis the story, but it's causing a lot of geek rage. How dare anything be compared to Skyrim. I just hope that all that angst over some advertising doesn't turn people away from this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward too it. Reading between the lines, got a lot of early critical acclaim, may be a GOTY contender.

Like I mentioned in another thread, Ubisoft has been promoting this game on YouTube with promoted ads with the tagline "Like Skyrim With Guns". I think they're trying to emphasis the story, but it's causing a lot of geek rage. How dare anything be compared to Skyrim. I just hope that all that angst over some advertising doesn't turn people away from this game.
    "geek rage"

I couldn't get into either of the first two games. The first one was fun for a while, but when dr. mureau's creatures showed up I lost interest. The second one seemed like such a mess I gave it 30 minutes before shutting it off with prejudice. Still, if this one is really supposed to be that good I'd be interested in giving it a shot.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    "geek rage"

I couldn't get into either of the first two games. The first one was fun for a while, but when dr. mureau's creatures showed up I lost interest. The second one seemed like such a mess I gave it 30 minutes before shutting it off with prejudice. Still, if this one is really supposed to be that good I'd be interested in giving it a shot.
    i never really played the first one. far cry 2 i absolutely hated with a vengeance. just like what you did i couldn't stomach more than about 30 minutes of that game.

far cry 3 has actually been really fun from what ive played so far. shooting has been fixed so that it doesn't take a whole clip to kill one guy anymore. its got a perk tree that lets you upgrade different abilities. the wild life has made some very interesting encounters.

example one time i was crouched in the bushes outside an enemy outpost getting ready to stealth take down a guard at the edge of the outpost. turns out i wasn't the only one doing some stalking. heard a low growl behind me.....start to turn and bam pounced and mauled by a tiger. i died.....

and they won't just attack you, they attack anyone including enemies or allies. always amusing watching a tiger munch on some baddies.

Embargo is up and reviews are pretty good.

GameSpot - 9/10
    IGN - 9/10
    Kotaku - Thumbs up
    Eurogamer - 10/10
    Giantbomb - 5/5
    Joystiq - 4.5/5

Looks like fun but I'm a sucker for coop against bots I'd buy it on sale just for the coop if others do.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Good show Ryan. Love the pig chasing LOL.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Beta testing, new nvidia drivers. I think they're ok.

I missed the live stream, but I just read HardOCP's mini-review of it and the 7970 v GTX680 performance, and I have to say that my interest is piqued quite a bit more. It sounds like its a demanding game performance-wise that pushes the envelope visually.

Trust me, I do science

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    I missed the live stream, but I just read HardOCP's mini-review of it and the 7970 v GTX680 performance, and I have to say that my interest is piqued quite a bit more. It sounds like its a demanding game performance-wise that pushes the envelope visually.
    Xbox 360 gamers are complaining the game is running at like 20 fps on the crapBox, so they must be doing something right!

Props to Ubisoft for making a game that pushes the envelope hardware wise. As many will remember, what became the first Far Cry was originally a tech demo created by CryTek for NVIDIA to show off some new GeForce card (I believe it was the GeForce 4 or FX). Although Crytek isn't involved anymore, great to see this series continue to be for people with big f'ing graphics cards.
    Last edited by Keven; 12-05-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Good show Ryan. Love the pig chasing LOL.

Thanks! Its up on the site as a reply for those that missed it: http://pcper.com/farcry3
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective
    rshrout -at- pcper -dot- com
    --= Follow me on Twitter =--

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Xbox 360 gamers are complaining the game is running at like 20 fps on the crapBox, so they must be doing something right!

Props to Ubisoft for making a game that pushes the envelope hardware wise. As many will remember, what became the first Far Cry was originally a tech demo created by CryTek for NVIDIA to show off some new GeForce card (I believe it was the GeForce 4 or FX). Although Crytek isn't involved anymore, great to see this series continue to be for people with big f'ing graphics cards.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxrain View Post
    Yeah, got into a flame war with somebody on a gaming forum about that. "Wah, I'm sick of hearing how crappy the Xbox 360 is, wah wah wah."

Meanwhile, Digital Foundry analyzed the Xbox 360 version of Far Cry 3 and it's running at 20 frames per second.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxrain View Post
    heh, I tried adding "glorious PC gaming master race" to my avatar, but it would have been impossible to read even if it fit

Trust me, I do science