Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Anyone looking forward to Far Cry 3?

Rofl... i have put maybe 8 hours into the main story and about 8 into the multi player. over all the game is fantasticaley done. It does have its quirks. Like the crafting, and the annoying mobs in the open world that just want you dead. killing the mobs is normally what gets me killed, because the random patrols driving around hear the gun shots and are like "i heard something lets go check it out." and I have to either hide or finish off the mobs which then the NPC's come screaming in with their guns. and i have to then fight off 4 npcs, and 6 creatures. btw you run out of ammo like no other. good thing the looting of bodies tends to give back when you spit into them.

over all very fun and the multi player is WOW... its not whos more OP, or who is hacking its who fires first. sniper rifles kill in one shot normally, and everything else is who gets the drop on who.

Good game.

testing email replies
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

helpping testing email replies

Quote Originally Posted by leroy329 View Post
    Rofl... i have put maybe 8 hours into the main story and about 8 into the multi player. over all the game is fantasticaley done. It does have its quirks. Like the crafting, and the annoying mobs in the open world that just want you dead. killing the mobs is normally what gets me killed, because the random patrols driving around hear the gun shots and are like "i heard something lets go check it out." and I have to either hide or finish off the mobs which then the NPC's come screaming in with their guns. and i have to then fight off 4 npcs, and 6 creatures. btw you run out of ammo like no other. good thing the looting of bodies tends to give back when you spit into them.

over all very fun and the multi player is WOW... its not whos more OP, or who is hacking its who fires first. sniper rifles kill in one shot normally, and everything else is who gets the drop on who.

Good game.
    Try couching in the bushes with a silenced sniper rifle, sure it may not kill them in one shot unless it's a headshot, however they're gonna be somewhat confused if they haven't spotted us.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxrain View Post
    Try couching in the bushes with a silenced sniper rifle, sure it may not kill them in one shot unless it's a headshot, however they're gonna be somewhat confused if they haven't spotted us.
    Done that, it's fun. I also like how it's a lot less about twitch play and more about positioning and strategy.

I'm LOVING this game! It's been a long time since I've fallen asleep at night thinking of a pc game (since Skyrim actually), but I have with this one. I've barely even gotten into the main story at all. So far I've just gone around the island capturing enemy camps and activating radio towers. I've also done the odd quest or two.

I do have a question though. Does anyone know why you can't access the lower third part of the map? I tried to boat over to one of those islands to get to one of the enemy camps and get a "leaving the map" type of error halfway across the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Meanwhile, Digital Foundry analyzed the Xbox 360 version of Far Cry 3 and it's running at 20 frames per second.
    You mean 7 year old tech can't run a game in 2012 properly? The 360 was well past it's prime 2 years ago. Now it's just embarrassing.

The lower third part of the map unlocks when you complete enough story missions kbohip. I finished the single player story today, you're getting no spoilers from me.

I've played 1 hour of this game and it's pretty cool.

This game is terrifying! I played another hour this morning. There were two bad guys in a truck. I shot the driver as they were going over a bridge. The truck crashed into the water. Like a bum, I wanted to shake down the guys' bodies for money or goodies, so I jumped into the water after them. As I was prowling around the car, a ••••••• CROCODILE jumps me from behind and starts trying to kill me! Oh, the humanity! It almost made me jump out of my chair.

Also, I always thought komodo dragons were cool because they're named "dragon". Actually, they suck. They're mean as crap.

Also, I had never heard of cassowaries before this game. I thought they were just big colorful turkeys. Turns out, they're mean as •••• too! Almost killed me!

Oh yeah, you also fight bad guys in this game. But I think the wild life is the attraction here. I haven't done any missions yet, just been hunting crap and activating radio towers.

Also, I kept the stupid uPlay thing open last night and today and Steam counted that as Far Cry 3 running so it says I've played 16 hours of FC3 when I really only played 2, lol.

lolcrocs, I had one jump me, only one of them and it was part of a non story mission I think, had more tigers jump me, they like to roar apparently

Yeah, I came across a tiger in a bamboo cage. Thought I would kill it easy and get the skin. I shot it, but shot the cage open and the thing came after me. Did not end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    This game is terrifying! I played another hour this morning. There were two bad guys in a truck. I shot the driver as they were going over a bridge. The truck crashed into the water. Like a bum, I wanted to shake down the guys' bodies for money or goodies, so I jumped into the water after them. As I was prowling around the car, a ••••••• CROCODILE jumps me from behind and starts trying to kill me! Oh, the humanity! It almost made me jump out of my chair.

Also, I always thought komodo dragons were cool because they're named "dragon". Actually, they suck. They're mean as crap.

Also, I had never heard of cassowaries before this game. I thought they were just big colorful turkeys. Turns out, they're mean as •••• too! Almost killed me!

Oh yeah, you also fight bad guys in this game. But I think the wild life is the attraction here. I haven't done any missions yet, just been hunting crap and activating radio towers.

Also, I kept the stupid uPlay thing open last night and today and Steam counted that as Far Cry 3 running so it says I've played 16 hours of FC3 when I really only played 2, lol.
    LMAO. It was probably the 10th or so outpost I was trying to get control of. I had some nice weapons, and by this time I thought I was all badass as I had all of the bad dudes lit up on screen after searching them all out with my magic binoculars. So I was just about to start my Rambo style attack on these hapless fools when I heard something rustle in the brush behind me. I turn around and don't see anything. Hmm, whatever I've got some pirates to kill. I start slithering ever closer to their outpost. It was then that I heard the absolute worst sound ever in a game, a loud blood curdling roar RIGHT behind me! I turn around and all I see is this huge freakin' tiger jumping on me. I literally jumped in my seat as I instinctively started unloading my AK's mag into him.

I eventually killed the tiger, but not before he went through about 75% of my health. Also all the noise and commotion alarmed all of the bad guys in the outpost so the next thing I know I'm on fire from one of those crazy Molotov throwing MF'ers. I start running thinking I might still make it and then a sniper gets a bead on me. I was done. Damn tiger. The thing I really didn't like were the sharks. It just gave me an uneasy feeling having to dive into the water going after shark skins, and then getting attacked by sharks. Those things come out of nowhere.

Yeah, tigers kind of are bullet sponges to the point of absurdity in this game.

I've played about 4 hours total now, just collecting skins and crap to upgrade my holsters and junk and I'm kind of getting bored. Also been doing a lot of radio towers. I think I might start the missions just to break up the monotony.

Can you take over any outpost whenever you want or can you only raid specific ones at specific times?