Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flu shots

Re: Flu shots

My friend had the flu shot a few years back, was in a car accident 2 days later , in which he lost his arm that he received said flu shot, then 3 weeks later got the flu. Coincidence? Aliens? Vast "Right Wing" conspiracy?It was his "right" arm he lost. (none of this is true btw)
    Last edited by frogmeat69; 12-13-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pehu View Post
    Is this actually true? And is it actually legal? I know not all doctors take all vaccines that are available to them. I'm surprised if in the US vaccines are forced on people, especially flu vaccines...
    I know it's a bit different than forcing doctors to be vaccinated, but I served 20 years in the Air Force and received 20 flu vaccinations, among others, without being given a choice. The only effect the flu vaccination ever had on me was a sore arm and a lump. (I also never had the flew in those 20 years.)

(I know it's obvious that military members aren't given a choice in a whole host of things, just thoght I'd chime in after not posting anything since October 24, 2010. )

On a side note, after graduating Basic Training and arriving for my technical (job) training I was admitted to the hospital and diagnosed with Guillain–Barré syndrome. My neurologist theorized the cause was my bodies reaction to the crap load of vaccinations I'd received in Basic Training.
    Last edited by Christop54; 12-13-2012 at 11:46 PM.

I havent had the flu in 11 years (other than a brief bout of swine flu which I found to be quite mild)
    And I haven't had a flu shot in 11 years.... just sayin.

I wonder what crackpot jones thinks of flu shots.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Never had a bad flu that would keep me in bed for days until I got the flu shot. I did the flu shot for four years in a row. Those four years, I had the worse flu's ever in my life. Then I thought back when it all started and how the flu wasn't a big issue. Ah-ha I thought, get the flu shot, get a bad flu. Since then, I have quit getting the flu shots and the flu has been really nothing to me once again.

Now that I'm older, I'm also glad to have had the chicken-pox. The vaccine for that isn't gonna protect you from shingles when older.
    Support Your Local Sheriff - At high noon

My Heatware http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=63611

The pump maverick

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Dog View Post
    I never get the flu.
    Have never had a flu shot.
    See no reason to start now.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by frogmeat69 View Post
    My friend had the flu shot a few years back, was in a car accident 2 days later , in which he lost his arm that he received said flu shot, then 3 weeks later got the flu. Coincidence? Aliens? Vast "Right Wing" conspiracy?It was his "right" arm he lost. (none of this is true btw)
    HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?! Why would anybody lose their "right" arm. Theres nothing "right" about losing an arm, its all wrong!

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

You should get the flu shot OP, coz your mum said so.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxrain View Post
    Mother knows best.
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win 7 Premium SP1 / MX 15 KDE / MEPIS 11

bueno, laughing mexcians!

I've already had my flu shot. Who wants the flu anyway? Nobody. Flu, horrid, nasty thing.

I had never gotten a flu shot until this fall. Whole family ended up getting sick - most were laid up a couple days, throwing up and crapping on the hour every hour.

I was sick for about one day(severe body ache, rundown), never had to puke.

Guess it worked to a degree, but the conspiracy theory in me says it's actually a vaccine to a weaponized virus that the government shall unleash on the world if the likes of Iran/Russia/China ever get too chippy. The whole big push lately to get your flu vaccine is just a secret push to save the sheeple.
    Nuke em'.

Quote Originally Posted by bmaverick View Post
    Now that I'm older, I'm also glad to have had the chicken-pox. The vaccine for that isn't gonna protect you from shingles when older.
    You do realize that having had chicken-pox does not protect you from shingles when older either (in fact is is pretty much the opposite as it is rather required...)? The vaccine however just might, to some degree at least. Since the vaccine is still reasonably new, the jury is still out on that one though.
    Last edited by Pehu; 12-15-2012 at 04:18 PM.

When St. Louis Cardinals manager Tony LaRussa got the shingles, I called him "shingles", including shouting it at him when the Cardinals were in town. Karma being what it is, I'm probably due to get shingles sometime in my life.

Next time you go to doctor for something, can get flu shot as well as whatever other reason you're there for. That's what I did.

Next time you go to doctor for something, can get flu shot as well as whatever other reason you're there for. That's what I did.
    No big deal to get flu shots here, they have them at the Walgreens pharmacies for like $25. Or something cheap, I hope.