Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 440

Thread: Renewed AWB ?

  1. #106
    Joined
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Obamaland
    Age
    37
    Posts
    9,532

    Re: Renewed AWB ?

    So I've been hearing about Alex Jones on the news all week. And of course they're saying this is the face of the NRA, gun supporters, and how this is the kind of guy who shouldn't be allowed to own guns... Piers is divisive asshole and he knew what he was doing and Alex precisely gave him the performance that he wanted.



    Way to go Alex, you really showed them.


    As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.



  2. #107
    Joined
    Oct 2002
    Location
    wichita falls tx
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,146

    Re: Renewed AWB ?

    ya he got way to emotional and played right into his hands. that being said piers clearly didn't want a real debate as his questions were tailored to put a spin on the facts.

  3. #108
    Joined
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Obamaland
    Age
    37
    Posts
    9,532

    Re: Renewed AWB ?

    I know. His questions were things like "What kind of rifle was used in the theatre massacre?"

    Like I said, Piers would never bring people on his show who can articulate a good counter argument. He is the liberal Bill O'Reilly through and through.


    As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.



  4. #109
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    74,682

    Re: Renewed AWB ?


  5. #110
    Joined
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Obamaland
    Age
    37
    Posts
    9,532

    Re: Renewed AWB ?



    As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.



  6. #111
    Joined
    Jan 2013
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6

    Re: Renewed AWB ?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    So I've been hearing about Alex Jones on the news all week. And of course they're saying this is the face of the NRA, gun supporters, and how this is the kind of guy who shouldn't be allowed to own guns... Piers is divisive asshole and he knew what he was doing and Alex precisely gave him the performance that he wanted.



    Way to go Alex, you really showed them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    I know. His questions were things like "What kind of rifle was used in the theatre massacre?"

    Like I said, Piers would never bring people on his show who can articulate a good counter argument. He is the liberal Bill O'Reilly through and through.
    I don't like Piers, but I think he cited alot of important facts in the debate. Not to mention that he's doing a great job of exposing these crazies for who they are. He's showing america that there are people who shouldn't own guns and that there dangerous in the hands of peeople like this.

    One thing you conservatard gun nut jobs don't understand is that gun control works. Its proven in other countries. the 2nd amendment had its place iin history, but now we have police and the military. Why do we need guns? What is this macabre obsession with them?

    It's paranoia, you think the government is forcing you to take suicide pills and that there always out tp get you. And you think your gonna get in your bunker and fight off the us military with your ar 15s.

    Its proven fact that where there is gun control, there is less crime. You have no argument what so ever? How can you say exactly what the founding fathers meant by the 2nd amendment. Guns back then were not what they are today. The founding fathers were talking about having an army when they were reffring to a regulated militia. Not to have every body toting a gun.

    What makes you think that licensing or safety course is gonna make a differnece. Would it make you feel better if the newtown shooter had a licesne when he killed those kids? The fact is you don't care about who dies at the hands of insane people, you like typical republican conservative backwards tea baggers just want your guns and you want the NRA to sell more of them no matter the cost of human life.

    And dont tell me that the reason this happened is because we dont allow prayer in school.

  7. #112
    Joined
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Obamaland
    Age
    37
    Posts
    9,532

    Re: Renewed AWB ?

    Thank you very much, your rock solid argument and your high intellect have convinced me to change my position on gun rights.

    I now think that we should mandate prayer in all schools and that anyone who wishes to purchase a gun should have to say a prayer before purchasing.
    Last edited by JustinC939; 01-13-2013 at 05:47 PM.


    As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.



  8. #113
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,027

    Re: Renewed AWB ?

    All corporations should have to "prove" their employees with free prayer during the work day.

  9. #114
    Joined
    Dec 2000
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: Renewed AWB ?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
    I don't like Piers, but I think he cited alot of important facts in the debate. Not to mention that he's doing a great job of exposing these crazies for who they are. He's showing america that there are people who shouldn't own guns and that there dangerous in the hands of peeople like this.

    One thing you conservatard gun nut jobs don't understand is that gun control works. Its proven in other countries. the 2nd amendment had its place iin history, but now we have police and the military. Why do we need guns? What is this macabre obsession with them?

    It's paranoia, you think the government is forcing you to take suicide pills and that there always out tp get you. And you think your gonna get in your bunker and fight off the us military with your ar 15s.

    Its proven fact that where there is gun control, there is less crime. You have no argument what so ever? How can you say exactly what the founding fathers meant by the 2nd amendment. Guns back then were not what they are today. The founding fathers were talking about having an army when they were reffring to a regulated militia. Not to have every body toting a gun.

    What makes you think that licensing or safety course is gonna make a differnece. Would it make you feel better if the newtown shooter had a licesne when he killed those kids? The fact is you don't care about who dies at the hands of insane people, you like typical republican conservative backwards tea baggers just want your guns and you want the NRA to sell more of them no matter the cost of human life.

    And dont tell me that the reason this happened is because we dont allow prayer in school.
    You're right. I should be able to go out and buy a fully weaponized M1-Abrams tank, and F-35 JSF, etc...only way the people could keep the military in check would be to be on equal footing. An AR-15 sounds like a compromise to me, to keep weapons like those off the streets.

    The right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

    By not allowing me to go out and buy things like these over the counter, without extraneous taxes, fees, regulation, background checks...sounds like infringement to me.

    While we're gutting the 2nd Amendment, we might as well dissolve the first as well and restrict internet access, satellite TV, mobile phones, etc. I mean, the framers couldn't have POSSIBLY foresaw the technology of today.
    Nuke em'.

  10. #115
    Joined
    Oct 2002
    Location
    wichita falls tx
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,146

    Re: Renewed AWB ?



    i enjoyed that.

    and fat guy i don't know where your getting your facts, but gun controlled places like the uk may have lower gun violence but they have higher violent crime rates over all, one of the highest in the EU iirc. clearly gun control doesn't lower crime.

  11. #116
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,423

    Re: Renewed AWB ?

    Quote Originally Posted by modru2004 View Post
    clearly gun control doesn't lower crime.
    Chicago... Iwon's crown jewel... a good example.

  12. #117
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,027

    Re: Renewed AWB ?

    The homeless paint-sniffing guy who asked me for change 2 weeks ago was a smarter lefty than The Fat Guy.

  13. #118
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Off my medication
    Posts
    782

    Re: Renewed AWB ?

    Quote Originally Posted by modru2004 View Post
    and fat guy i don't know where your getting your facts, but gun controlled places like the uk may have lower gun violence but they have higher violent crime rates over all, one of the highest in the EU iirc. clearly gun control doesn't lower crime.
    Not only have Washington DC and Chicago seen their crime rates drop since their gun bans were lifted, but there's also the city of Kennesaw Georgia. In the early 80s they implemented a mandatory gun ownership law. Their crime rates plummeted, and have remained low. The one page I've got up right now (and I haven't had a chance to cross reference for accuracy/bias) states that as of 2007 there' had been only three homicides since the law had been passed, and the last one was in '97. Two of them were with knives.

    These calls for gun bans (like we currently have) don't have anything to do with crime rates. They're always the result of mass shootings. Those are caused by unstable individuals violently lashing out. They're not gun issues. What we're currently seeing is the equivalent of nails calling for hammers to be banned, but not wanting to talk about carpenters.

  14. #119
    Joined
    Oct 2002
    Location
    wichita falls tx
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,146

    Re: Renewed AWB ?

    yup the whole things one big knee jerk reaction that certain opportunists are using to further their agendas.

  15. #120
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,263

    Re: Renewed AWB ?

    Morgan gets spanked again here as well:

    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •