Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Renewed AWB ?

Re: Renewed AWB ?

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Saw that on Facebook. There was a big gun retailer in Texas that is refusing to sell to New York because of the asinine assault weapons ban.
    I think the one making the most noise right now is Magpul threatening to completely move operations out of Colorado. Next to the evil black rifle manufacturers they're probably the one to feel the most impact from the proposed magazine round limits.

Colorado ammo magazine maker Magpul threatens to leave state over gun bill

https://www.facebook.com/magpul
    Nuke em'.

The Californication of Colorado continues, and in overdrive now that that Democrats are in the majority.

A really good local gun store in town is now leaving thanks to our stupid state's stupid lawmakers. Colorado is trying SO hard to be the new California now it's amazing. I've lived here since 1986 but I've never wanted to leave as much as I do now. I hate what this state and country is becoming more with each passing day.

http://www.krdo.com/news/Gun-store-o...z/-/index.html

http://www.krdo.com/news/Colorado-Se...w/-/index.html
    Last edited by kbohip; 03-09-2013 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Colorado is trying SO hard to be the new California now it's amazing.
    Welcome aboard…

Take solace in the fact Oregon and Washington State are in the same boat as Colorado.

All are Kalifornia fated.

Wait until Magpull packs up leaving a lot of people out of work as well as suppliers
    in Colo. Magpull is pretty upset about this as are a number of other gun mfg's
    and accessory mfg/suppliers.

There are a number of states that are offering just about anything they can
    for firearm mfg's to settle down in their states, open up and bring jobs in !
    That looks good in any states tax coffers and it's economy.

Also with any luck, all firearm mfg's will stop supplying those LEO's whose states
    are on this asinine anti firearm blitz.

And believe me, the elections are only a year away and should prove very interesting
    for those who spit on the Bill Of Rights.

Here is how one Sen from Colo treats her constitutes. Do you think this is right ?

What upset me as well are all those who sat back down. Who do they think
    works for whom ?
    Last edited by no2guncntrl; 03-09-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Stolen from Jim at, http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/va-says-r...ts-gun-rights/

First they said felons couldn't own guns, and I wasn't a felon, so I said nothing.

THEN, they said domestic violence misdemeanors couldn't own guns, and I wasn't one, So I said nothing.

Then, they said, I couldn't carry a gun near a school, but i didn't live near one,so I didn't complain.
    THEN, they said, I couldn't own an AR-15, because of a school shooting. And I thought, well, maybe they have a point. But then SEN. FEINSTEIN said, "TURN them all in."
    THEN, they said, I as a combat vet, couldn't own a gun because my experiences made me have bad dreams, and have issues.
    But then, there was no one left to speak up.
    AND no one could own guns. Welcome, to George Orwell's 1984. To Animal Farm. Welcome to Hunger games. Welcome to ATLAS SHRUGGED. Welcome to an all powerful federal government that can decide if you live.Welcome to "HOMELAND SECURITY" that owns 1.6 BILLION rounds of ammo. Whose agents CAN buy AR-15s. WHOSE government bought MRAP armored vehicles.Whose TSA agents determine if your baby daughter gets strip searched. Welcome to a PRESIDENT, who can shut down the Internet. Welcome to Hollywood Stars like SEAN PENN, who think insulting the President should be a crime(only if its HIS guy).
    Too bad no one can own a gun and stop a tyrant.
    I use to say SEMPER FI, now I prefer "MOLON LABE" I swore an oath to GOD, this country and the CONSTITUTION. Not to a faux AMERICAN who can't produce a birth certificate. SOMETHING I had to do when I joined the military.
    Liberals say all the movies/literature i quoted are poorly written books. But it isn't the action, the actors, its the story BEHIND. A government that fears its people. People who are no longer "CITIZENS" but subjects. TOLD what to do by some politician for life, who deems he knows better than THOMAS JEFFERSON.

It just gets dumber by the day doesn't it?

Florida bill would require anger management courses for bullet buyers

A Florida legislator wants anyone trying to buy ammunition to complete an anger management program first, in what critics say is the latest example of local lawmakers reaching for constitutionally-dubious solutions to the problem of gun violence.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...nition-buyers/

Some might be interested in this:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1446...65131357271463

It is a rally at state capitals nationwide according to Texan Eric Reed, founder and national coordinator of the “Guns Across America” rallies, told WND he’s irritated about all the talk of new gun-control regulations and overreach by the federal government in violation of our Second Amendment rights.

“I was trying to figure out why people weren’t being more proactive about this, Reed said. “Then I realized I’m part of the problem. It takes somebody to stand up and say, ‘Hey, we’re not going to accept this. We’re against it.’

“We want Americans who feel the same way to come out. We want to stand up, be united and get our point across.”

It's almost as if they're trying to incite us. See how far they can push.
    Nuke em'.

Quote Originally Posted by thewanderer View Post
    Some might be interested in this:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1446...65131357271463

It is a rally at state capitals nationwide according to Texan Eric Reed, founder and national coordinator of the “Guns Across America” rallies, told WND he’s irritated about all the talk of new gun-control regulations and overreach by the federal government in violation of our Second Amendment rights.

“I was trying to figure out why people weren’t being more proactive about this, Reed said. “Then I realized I’m part of the problem. It takes somebody to stand up and say, ‘Hey, we’re not going to accept this. We’re against it.’

“We want Americans who feel the same way to come out. We want to stand up, be united and get our point across.”
    All of those angry people should make sure to bring guns and flash them around to let everyone know how tough and upset they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    All of those angry people should make sure to bring guns and flash them around to let everyone know how tough and upset they really are.
    You can get thrown in jail for flashing a gun in California but it’s ok for progressive perverts to flash little children and granny.

Go figure that one out...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    Since I can't voice my opinion of an idiot on here, I will let your idiocy speak for itself.

Edited to correct quote punctuation
    Last edited by thewanderer; 03-13-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Can poor people be trusted with guns?
    By John Lott
    Published March 12, 2013
    FoxNews.com

Can poor people be trusted with guns? Overwhelmingly, Republicans thinks so. But while Democrats fight against taxes on the poor and oppose voter photo IDs because they impose too much of burden, they seem to be doing everything possible – from fees, expensive training requirements, and photo IDs -- to make it next to impossible for the poor to own guns.

More at:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...ted-with-guns/

He says it better than I can:

The right to self-defense
    By Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Published March 07, 2013

In all the noise caused by the Obama administration’s direct assault on the right of every person to keep and bear arms, the essence of the issue has been drowned out. The president and his big-government colleagues want you to believe that only the government can keep you free and safe, so to them, the essence of this debate is about obedience to law.

To those who have killed innocents among us, obedience to law is the last of their thoughts. And to those who believe that the Constitution means what it says, the essence of this debate is not about the law; it is about personal liberty in a free society. It is the exercise of this particular personal liberty -- the freedom to defend yourself when the police cannot or will not and the freedom to use weapons to repel tyrants if they take over the government -- that the big-government crowd fears the most.

Let’s be candid: All government fears liberty. By its nature, government is the negation of liberty. God has given us freedom, and the government has taken it away. George Washington recognized this when he argued that government is not reason or eloquence but force. If the government had its way, it would have a monopoly on force.

Free people cannot remain free by permitting the government -- even a popularly elected one that they can unelect -- to take their freedoms away.

Government compels, restrains and takes. Thomas Jefferson understood that when he wrote that our liberties are inalienable and endowed by our Creator, and the only reason we have formed governments is to engage them to protect our liberties. We enacted the Constitution as the supreme law of the land to restrain the government. Yet somewhere along the way, government got the idea that it can more easily protect the freedom of us all from the abuses of a few by curtailing the freedom of us all. I know that sounds ridiculous, but that’s where we are today.

The anti-Second Amendment crowd cannot point to a single incident in which curtailing the freedom of law-abiding Americans has stopped criminals or crazies from killing. It is obvious that criminals don’t care what the law says because they think they can get away with their violations of it. And those unfortunates who are deranged don’t recognize any restraint on their own behavior, as they cannot mentally distinguish right from wrong and cannot be expected to do so in the future, no matter what the law says.

When the Second Amendment was written and added to the Constitution, the use of guns in America was common. At the same time, King George III -- whom we had just defeated and who was contemplating another war against us, which he would start in 1812 -- no doubt ardently wished that he had stripped his colonists of their right to self-defense so as to subdue their use of violence to secede from Great Britain. That act of secession, the American Revolution, was largely successful because close to half of the colonists were armed and did not fear the use of weaponry.

If the king and the Parliament had enacted and enforced laws that told them who among the colonists owned guns or that limited the power of the colonists’ guns or the amount of ammunition they could possess, our Founding Fathers would have been hanged for treason. One of the secrets of the Revolution -- one not taught in public schools today -- is that the colonists actually had superior firepower to the king. The British soldiers had standard-issue muskets, which propelled a steel ball or several of them about 50 yards from the shooter. But the colonists had the long gun -- sometimes called the "Kentucky" or the "Tennessee" -- which propelled a single steel ball about 200 yards, nearly four times as far as the British could shoot. Is it any wonder that by Yorktown in 1781, the king and the Parliament had lost enough men and treasure to surrender?

The lesson here is that free people cannot remain free by permitting the government -- even a popularly elected one that they can unelect -- to take their freedoms away. The anti-freedom crowd in the government desperately wants to convey the impression that it is doing something to protect us. So it unconstitutionally and foolishly seeks, via burdensome and intrusive registration laws, laws restricting the strength of weapons and the quantity and quality of ammunition and, the latest trick, laws that impose financial liability on law-abiding manufacturers and sellers for the criminal behavior of some users, to make it so burdensome to own a gun that the ordinary folks who want one will give up their efforts to obtain one.

We cannot let ourselves fall down this slippery slope. The right to self-defense is a natural individual right that pre-exists the government. It cannot morally or constitutionally be taken away absent individual consent or due process. Kings and tyrants have taken this right away. We cannot let a popular majority take it away, for the tyranny of the majority can be as destructive to freedom as the tyranny of a madman.

Andrew P. Napolitano, a former judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey, is the senior judicial analyst at Fox News Channel. Judge Napolitano has written seven books on the U.S. Constitution. His latest is “Theodore and Woodrow: How Two American Presidents Destroyed Constitutional Freedom.”