LCD calibration tips ?

Any tips in calibrating an LCD display?
    I just bought an LCD calibration kit (Pantone ColorPlus - Spyder1) for my LG W2252TQ LCD.
    It will be a month before I get home to use it.

I read an article on the web about my LCD being calibrated by the same product.
    The article said that my LCD will forever have a bluish tint and is uncalibratable into correct.

I was wondering if adjusting LCD first before calibrating - such as disabling all the fancy features & and setting to lower values etc... would enable more successfull calibration - or would it not make any difference at all ?

Like, lowering the B in RGB to remove the bluish tint in the first place before calibration.

Thanks and hope to get a reply.
    btw, Merry Christmas Greetings to all.

Re: LCD calibration tips ?

... how about other tips like software registration (serial number) - is there a limit ? I mean, how many times can I install its software? - I'd like to also use it on my other PC and most likely will be re-formatting/installing WinXP after testing the kit.

I plan to:
    1) set video card driver settings to Gamma 2.2, default sRGB/contrast/brightness etc...
    2) set LCD monitor to ... (all to somewhere neutral)
    3) do it in the dark without its suction cups that are meant for CRT glass surfaces
    4) can't think of anything else except to simply follow its instructions

Re: LCD calibration tips ?

Definitely darken the room. On TN panels, brightness setting alters the backlight bleed and clarity, so take note. This setting will determine if it's more dark and drab but vivid or brighter but more washed out. I never go by pre set gamma, I always adjust accordingly. Don't make it too much of one color, kinda go for that vivid color setting with a 6500k look. Put the videocard gamma at 50 just like the videocards brightness and contrast, then adjust up if needed.