Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Baby, It's Cold Outside" - A Christmas Date Rape Anthem, say liberals

A Christmas classic is actually about date rape!

From liberal shit rag Salon.com (emphasis mine):

Is “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” a date-rape anthem?

[...]

Especially for a tune so closely associated with the holidays, “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” is icky at best, at worst reprehensible: It describes what may be a date rape. Let’s examine the situation: A woman has stopped by to visit a man, and he connives to keep her from leaving. “My answer is no,” she states, but he pours on the charm: “It’s up to your knees out there.” His seductions become increasingly smarmy (“What’s the sense of hurting my pride?”) and eventually sinister. At one point she exclaims, “Say, what’s in this drink?” Is he being generous with the alcohol, or has he slipped her something stronger? At this point, the Wolf and Mouse designations are redundant. It’s all too clear that he’s a predator and she’s prey.

[...]
    I bet third dates with Salon writer Stephen Deusner are fun.

I always thought this was a neat old holiday song with a lot of Americana about a little old-school holiday romance.

Re: "Baby, It's Cold Outside" - A Christmas Date Rape Anthem, say liberals

Liberals, they sure have a LOT of time on their hands don't they? Let's see if I can modernize the song into something more befitting the liberal vision of a new America. We can start by changing the song title to "My significant other, the Global Warming has reached epidemic proportions outside."

God, I'm re-reading the article and getting pissed off all over again. Yes, this song is about a man trying to have sex with a women but it has nothing to do with date rape or roofies. He's trying to lay on the charm and talk her into staying over. I think this has happened since the dawn of time.

Which is exactly why "strong liberal women" hate it. Any time a man has the audacity to give a woman a compliment, or act in any way attracted to a woman, it can only be because he's a "wolf" or some sort of sexual predator Hell bent on raping said woman. I've always found it strange that the "strongest" of women are always the ones who are most scared of men. Lol, a guy trying the date rape crap on a conservative woman is liable to find out first hand how much she likes the CCW laws when she pulls out a Ruge LCP and says "Hey dude, gimme my coat, I'm heading home.:P

You getting outraged over this is just as pointless as the outrage over the song in the first place.

FWIW, this song always struck me as pretty odd

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

You'd think the party of gay marriage would be happy with two consenting adults getting it on.

And yes, I'm positive the woman in the song is consenting. She's trying to be coy like women used to be. "My mother will start to worry" ah yeah, who never heard that one before.

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    You getting outraged over this is just as pointless as the outrage over the song in the first place.

FWIW, this song always struck me as pretty odd
    Nah, I'm not really outraged. Just annoyed at their stupidity.

Kind of a creepy song but I don't get the date rape part.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    "My significant other, the Global Warming has reached epidemic proportions outside."
    Thanks for that.

Spot on.

Sure it's not a joke?

I always thought the song "White Christmas" was a song about racism.

And then there's this

http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/...olph_the_worst

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    Sure it's not a joke?

I always thought the song "White Christmas" was a song about racism.

And then there's this

http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/...olph_the_worst
    If it was the Huffington Post - maybe, but Salon is too straight edge for satire.

The I guess BillO finally has a legitiamate case for the so called War on Christmas

Infact I can hear him complaining right now.

Look at all of the these far left liberals taking their Christmas decorations down already! It's barely been a week and we gotta put away our nativity scenes and stop playing Christmas music because someone might be offended. In this country, you don't have a right to not be offended and where I come from we leave our Christmas lights up all year long to show that we're never afraid to celebrate Christmas.
    Last edited by JustinC939; 01-02-2013 at 06:30 PM.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    The I guess BillO finally has a legitiamate case for the so called War on Christmas

Infact I can hear him complaining right now.

Look at all of the these far left liberals taking their Christmas decorations down already! It's barely been a week and we gotta put away our nativity scenes and stop playing Christmas music because someone might be offended. In this country, you don't have a right to not be offended and where I come from we leave our Christmas lights up all year long to show that we're never afraid to celebrate Christmas.
    People do take their Christmas decorations down too early. Now (after New Years) is a good time, but some people are taking them down on December 26th. I think it's because Christmas starts too early. Retailers are in a rush to start Christmas earlier and earlier and people are sick of Christmas by Christmas and everybody is in a rush to get Christmas overwith. All the holiday ads •••••••• should start later and we should enjoy Christmas a little longer after the 25th.

Regardless if it is a date rape anthem or not, the chick in the song is obviously asking for it......

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Liberals, they sure have a LOT of time on their hands don't they? Let's see if I can modernize the song into something more befitting the liberal vision of a new America. We can start by changing the song title to "My significant other, the Global Warming has reached epidemic proportions outside."
    You know they get paid to write BS articles in slow news seasons, right? o.O

It's capitalism, friend.

You guys are just complaining about it in a random webforum for free. That's gotta be like... communism or something. >.>;