Problems with new build, puter wont wake up from hibernation and it wont power off

Asrock Z77Extreme6\TB default bios that came in box
    i5 3750K
    GTX 670
    WD 500 GB HDD
    LG bluray burner
    16 GB PC1600 RAMM
    850W power supply
    Windows 7 64bit

I've been through the bios settings numerous times and can't seem to figure this out.

First, after about 30 minutes of hibernation computer will not wake up with keyboard or mouse. Only way to get it back is to reset it.

2nd, when powering down monitor will not turn off autmatically. I have to use remote to do it.

Seems like my old XP based computer did this and I didn't have to toggle any setting to get it to do it.

Can anyone help with this?

Re: Problems with new build, puter wont wake up from hibernation and it wont power of

maybe keyboard and mouse on usb? and usb power down? Sorry, I do not use Win7 or hibernation, but still thought i would guess.

Super PI 1.5 8mil 0h 3m 28.815s checksum 8DEFE50D

Re: Problems with new build, puter wont wake up from hibernation and it wont power of

I just downloaded the manual on that motherboard and i see on page 76 where it show you to.. enable or disable PS/2 keyboard to turn on the system
    from the power-soft-off mode....enable or disable USB Keyboard/Remote to turn on the system from the power-soft-off mode... enable or disable USB Mouse to turn on the system from the power-soft-off mode
    Maybe them ACPI Configuration bios setting will help, but I'm still guessing.

Also on page 71 Intel(R) Rapid Start Technology
    Use this item to enable or disable Intel(R) Rapid Start Technology. Intel(R)
    Rapid Start Technology is a new zero power hibernation mode which allows
    users to resume in just 5-6 seconds. The default is [Disabled].
    Last edited by bootmeup; 01-11-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Super PI 1.5 8mil 0h 3m 28.815s checksum 8DEFE50D

enable or disable PS/2 keyboard to turn on the system
    enable or disable USB Keyboard/Remote to turn on the system from the power-soft-off mode...
    enable or disable USB Mouse to turn on the system from the power-soft-off mode
    enable or disable Intel(R) Rapid Start Technology. Intel(R)

I found all of those settings a awhile back and and enabled them. Still no luck.

have you tryed updating the bios ? If Not then This might do the trick as I see many fixes in the list for USB problems . I have always used a USB stick to update the bios just copy the file on the drive , enter the bios and find the flashing utility
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%2...wnload&os=BIOS
    Last edited by brothergc; 01-14-2013 at 05:29 AM.
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

After bios update I can now get it to wake up from sleep mode. Noww to figure out how to get screen to power down when asleep or power down.