Boot Problem with new PC

I built a new desktop yesterday and all is running well on Windows 8 Pro but when the PC is shut down and restarted using the power switch, the PC will not boot. Fans and lights are running but no BIOS screen appears. If I then unplug the 2x2 12v cable and reconnect it, the machine will then start with no problem. This is consistent behavior. One DVD drive and one hard drive connected and both are working. The mother board is an ASRock FM2A75M-DGS with AMD cpu and a Corsair CX 500 power supply. (This is my grandson's project, I'm just trying to help out.)

Re: Boot Problem with new PC

Quote Originally Posted by Zachster View Post
    I built a new desktop yesterday and all is running well on Windows 8 Pro but when the PC is shut down and restarted using the power switch, the PC will not boot. Fans and lights are running but no BIOS screen appears. If I then unplug the 2x2 12v cable and reconnect it, the machine will then start with no problem. This is consistent behavior. One DVD drive and one hard drive connected and both are working. The mother board is an ASRock FM2A75M-DGS with AMD cpu and a Corsair CX 500 power supply. (This is my grandson's project, I'm just trying to help out.)
    why are you shutting the PC down with the power switch ??

Are there any other issues besides this ?

Re: Boot Problem with new PC

Sorry for the confusion. No I'm not shutting down with the power switch, I'm shutting down with normal Windows ShutDown. But when I power the machine back up with the power switch, it will not boot until I turn off the power supply, unplug the 12v cable, reconnect the 12v cable, and then switch back on and all is ok. No other issues but I will note that when the system is in the no-boot state, neither the power switch or reset switch will work. I must power down by shutting off the power supply.