Need 2-3 good gaming monitors

I know IPS has better monitors, but i play FPS games where those few ms that IPS are slower, i can't have. If there is a 2-5ms IPS monitor i would love to check it out. What monitors should i be looking at? I have found the Samsung PX2370 and it seems like everything i need but i just want to make sure there isn't better out there.

Re: Need 2-3 good gaming monitors

I was looking at that monitor for awhile, but when i found the PX2370 basically everywhere said it was better. Still leaning toward that but looking for something better if its out there or a IPS with low response time. 2-5ms B2B

Quote Originally Posted by CStormO View Post
    I was looking at that monitor for awhile, but when i found the PX2370 basically everywhere said it was better. Still leaning toward that but looking for something better if its out there or a IPS with low response time. 2-5ms B2B
    I'm not sure I can make any specific recommendations, but I can offer my experiences. I own the VH236, used it as my primary gaming monitor for over a year, and used the slightly lower spec version (VH232H) for another year or so before that. Its seems like a pretty standard TN panel, and in my experience, offers no outstanding strengths or weaknesses. I gamed on it just fine and was pretty happy with it for the money. Upgraded last march to a korean 27" 1440P IPS monitor as my primary gaming monitor. While its an IPS, I still find it to be quite good for gaming, with no visible ghosting, but fantastic color reproduction, viewing angles and high res. If I was buying another 1080P monitor to game on, I'd buy an IPS based on my experience. I don't think I'm a super discerning user, so take this as just one person's experience.

Those 2-5ms gtg response time measurements also need to be taken with a grain of salt, they really aren't the end-all way to distinguish panels. I've gamed on panels with 10ms gtg times and could tell no difference between that and the 2ms of my VH236H or the 5ms of my VH232H.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

I've been using 4 of these for over a year now with a variety of different Galaxy cards and they've been outstanding:
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=6052506

Tough, too. At a recent event I shipped them to, one got smacked so hard in transit that the bezel had split apart on three sides. Just popped everything back together and it's still doing fine without a single dead pixel.
    i7 950 @ 3.45GHz / Thermaltake Frio Cooler | Silverstone Raven RV-01 Case | Corsair HX1000W PSU | Corsair 6GB PC3-12800 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | WD Caviar Black 500 GB | Galaxy GTX 680 GC 4GB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: GalaxyUS / Facebook: GalaxyUS

Here's a thought: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824005240

And another thought: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236292

I have gamed on IPS monitors for ages, and I really wouldn't have it any other way. Color fidelity is just too important, and honestly the electronics behind the panel are much more important in terms of delay than the 2/5 ms ratings on these monitors. You can have a low ms rated TN monitor with crap input that is going to cause more issues than a good IPS with a 5 or 6 ms rating with low input lag.
    PCPer writer and podcaster
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/JoshDWalrath