Exclamation PC does not sleep after power surge

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong forum. I wasn't sure where this fits in.

Last week i had a couple of apprentices from the DWP alone outside working on live wires. Somehow they managed to double the voltage going to my entire building. My neighbors overheard them saying that they accidentally increased the voltage to 220 Volts, for about 5 min (not kidding). I believe the norm is 110 Volts. My TV literally had smoke coming out of its vents.

So like anybody that cares about their electronics i have many surge protectors. Obviously the good ones sacrificed them selves and saved my stuff. Including the one my PC was plugged into.
    I thought everything was fine, my PC turns on and works, i can still play games and all that good stuff. However my PC does not sleep now. At all. Period.
    I am now 100% positive that my PC is unable to sleep after this event.
    I have tried to get it to sleep for days now. I set my sleep timer to 1 hour, go to bed, wake up, PC is still awake. My screen doesn't even turn off. Last night was my final test, turned off all programs i didnt need, i made sure that task manager isn't waking up my computer, no wake on LAN, turn off USB to save power, etc, etc. Every tiny thing i could think of. Still my PC hasn't slept or turned off my screen. Its just not happening at all.

So i am baffled, i dont know what to do. How do i test this? How do i troubleshoot this? Should i re-install Windows? Should i just claim my power supply? Should i just claim my entire computer?
    I am waiting to file my claim for damages until i am sure my PC can be fixed without $

SO PLEASE, ANY HELP WOULD BE FANTASTIC!

Check out PlanetSide 2 by clicking on my signature. Join me on Connery.

Re: PC does not sleep after power surge

Curious problem huh? Try this
    First you should check that you have system standby enabled. Simple problem, but one that is seen often. To do this, right click on your desktop and click "Properties," then click on the "Screen Saver" tab. Now click the "Power" button near the bottom and when the new window opens, make sure that the drop-down boxes next to "System Standby" do not say "Never." If the issue remains try windows update...maybe the act of a current update will correct something that has gone missing. If none of that helps Id start looking at driver issues that arent solved by the update routine.

Re: PC does not sleep after power surge

The problem auto-magically fixed its self today. I didn't change a thing.
    For the record my sleep settings were never turned off.
    Thanks anyway.

Check out PlanetSide 2 by clicking on my signature. Join me on Connery.