New motherboard and cpu

I decided to get a new motherboard and cpu after my ASUS P7P55D Deluxe which was a very reliable board for 3 years, as of a few months ago started the process of dying. The P7P55D Deluxe started giving me a lot of Windows Explorer Errors off and on over the course of 3 months, and then last week on four nights, the squeal of death, and then at random the board will work decent. I did some checking on the internet, and other people have reported motherboards dying in this fashion. I have no idea when the next round of trouble with my motherboard will start, and rather than take a chance I decided to replace it.

Based on a review here and on other websites, I decided on the ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe motherboard, and the Core i7 3770 cpu since I'm not going to be overclocking, even though the board I'm getting can be used for overclocking.

As for sound, I will either try out the Realtek ALC898 HD Audio with DTS Surround for a bit, or will put in my ASUS Xonar Essence STX, which works perfect in right away.

I will of course be putting in my Radeon 7850's for video, and not running the video that's built in to the cpu. Want to see how my C300 128 which is a SATA 6G(SATA 3) SSD which is my boot drive performs on the Intel SATA 6G controller as well as my SATA 6G Western Digital Games drive. Operating System will of course be Windows 7, as I found out some of the games I have may not work on Windows 8.

Re: New motherboard and cpu

wow that is a expensive board

if this is the board ? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ab=true&Page=2

I am seeing some bad user feedback here
    Hope they are wrong and best of luck
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

That's the board, but after your expierence with ASROCK, ASROCK is off my list, and after my bad expierence years ago with an MSI Motherboard, I don't really want an MSI Board. One has to wonder if in some of those reviews if those people were trying overclock the cpu, which is one thing I don't do and I do update to the latest available bios when I get a new board to ensure stability. One thing I also don't do is put much stock in what some of the people on Newegg post, why you might ask, is a lot of times, if you pay close attention, they will post postive reviews of another board such as Gigabyte for example, and when you pay close attention, it turns out to be an employee of a competing motherboard manufacturer such as Gigabyte. Only pay close attention to reviews on Newegg, that come from people that are verified as legit owners of the board. It also has everything I could want on a board.

I did that when I got my P7P55D Deluxe that gave me 3 good years before failing.

Another thing to note, is that most of the people are having good luck with the board.

Of course I will be putting my Crucial DDR3 1333 Ballistix ram in the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl224 View Post
    That's the board, but after your expierence with ASROCK, ASROCK is off my list, and after my bad expierence years ago with an MSI Motherboard, I don't really want an MSI Board. One has to wonder if in some of those reviews if those people were trying overclock the cpu, which is one thing I don't do and I do update to the latest available bios when I get a new board to ensure stability. One thing I also don't do is put much stock in what some of the people on Newegg post, why you might ask, is a lot of times, if you pay close attention, they will post postive reviews of another board such as Gigabyte for example, and when you pay close attention, it turns out to be an employee of a competing motherboard manufacturer such as Gigabyte. Only pay close attention to reviews on Newegg, that come from people that are verified as legit owners of the board. It also has everything I could want on a board.

I did that when I got my P7P55D Deluxe that gave me 3 good years before failing.

Another thing to note, is that most of the people are having good luck with the board.

Of course I will be putting my Crucial DDR3 1333 Ballistix ram in the board.
    I hope Your right but for Me, I am just not going to pay 300 bucks for a motherboard , for that price I could buy 2 lower priced boards and have one as a back up which is what I plan to do . no worrying about long RMAs. And Just because it is a Asus , does not make it something any better that any other brand . I have personaly delt with Asus and their support , and lets just say I will never buy anything made from asus again .
    While some of the reviews at new egg maybe bogus I dought all are . Go thru their other products and you will see what I mean complaints of recieving bent pins on their z77 sabertooth mobos , horribal tech support , boards dying in mere weeks .
    Dont get me wrong I hope all works out for you , but I gotta wonder about asus with all the user reviews I have went thru and , wow I could post pages of them.
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

Pc System specs:
    Antec 1100 case
    Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3-ISSD motherboard
    Intel i7-2600k processor @ 4.2ghz
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev.2 cpu cooler
    Patriot Viper Xtreme Series 8gb (2 x 4gb) 1600mhz DDR3 memory
    Gigabyte GV-N680D5-2GD-B GTX 680 2gb graphics card
    EVGA 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680 2gb SuperClocked graphics card
    Creative Labs X-fi Fatality Professional Edition sound card
    Western Digital Black 500Gb hard drive
    Western Digital Green 1tb hard drive
    Antec EasySata internal hard drive docking station
    Antec HCP-1200 power supply
    Logitech G110 keyboard
    Logitech G700 mouse
    Windows 8.1 Professional w/ Media Player

Most excellent news, this plan is going on hold. What's been giving me grief for months is a dying harddrive, it finally went nuts, and took my Windows 7 install along with it, and I ended up having to reinstall Windows 7. The drive as it died, gave me Windows Explorer crashes, the squeal of death last week, and when it died this week, blue screen of death.

brothergc
    i bought a 3570k i5....how do you like the biostar board so far? might upgrade to a z77, but not real sure what board to get....seems like a lot of them jus so so...
    #1-i5-3570k -asus sabertooth p67- asus r9 290
    #2-amd phenom II x6 1100T-asus M5A97-evga gtx 260
    #3-amd phenom II x2 560 (4 cores enabled) -BIOSTAR TA880GB -evga gtx 260
    #4-amd fx-6300- GA-990FXA-UD3-gigabyte -evga gtx 660
    #5-dell inspiron 1520-8600 gt

Quote Originally Posted by geekkyyy View Post
    brothergc
    i bought a 3570k i5....how do you like the biostar board so far? might upgrade to a z77, but not real sure what board to get....seems like a lot of them jus so so...
    Hello Brother Hope all is well,

geekkyyy,

I personally prefer Biostar and Asrock because they give better value IMO. Biostar customer service is fine, at least last year it was.

I just wonder how much longer we will have these big boxes next to our desks? I hope forever but as these processors get smaller, faster, and cooler it makes me wonder.
    "Angels on the sideline, Puzzled and amused.
    Why did Father give these humans free will?
    Now they’re all confused."

940@ 3.0, Biostar 750(Bios 7/23) Geil 2 x 2GB (DDR2-1066), OCZ 600, Xigmatek HDT-S1283, WD AAKS 640 X2 Raid0, EVGA 560, Auzentech X-Studio, ASUS Xonar DX, Win 7

Phenom 955 @ 3.6, Asrock 870, Gskill DDR3 1600, OCZ 700, Xigmatek, Samsung 830 240,Sapphire 7950, WIN 7

Quote Originally Posted by undersea View Post
    Hello Brother Hope all is well,

geekkyyy,

I personally prefer Biostar and Asrock because they give better value IMO. Biostar customer service is fine, at least last year it was.

I just wonder how much longer we will have these big boxes next to our desks? I hope forever but as these processors get smaller, faster, and cooler it makes me wonder.
    hey,,,thanks for the info.....i agree, seems like you get a lot for cheap with biostar...i was thinking about a z77 chipset motherboard to go with the 3570k,,,,,but sort of thinking the p67 sabertooth might be good enough...

i am not too worried about the big boxes going by by,,,,,i see on the net that a lot of talk about pc is dead, i don,t believe it....windows 8 is the reason for poor pc sales i believe, and i still believe that....i did read the other day that intel will get out of the consumer motherboard business, and concentrate on oem,s ....i know a lot of folks here blast asus, but i still have good luck with em, and agree on the biostars...they have gotten better over the years......later
    #1-i5-3570k -asus sabertooth p67- asus r9 290
    #2-amd phenom II x6 1100T-asus M5A97-evga gtx 260
    #3-amd phenom II x2 560 (4 cores enabled) -BIOSTAR TA880GB -evga gtx 260
    #4-amd fx-6300- GA-990FXA-UD3-gigabyte -evga gtx 660
    #5-dell inspiron 1520-8600 gt