Some multimedia upgrades to my computer when come tax time!!!

Hey guys i'm really thinking about upgrading a couple thing with my computer such as a Blue-Ray player and a new IPS monitor but i'm kinda on the feints about both, first off i'm wandering about blue ray software to play blue rays cos i herd its a nightmare to find or use it to make it work second of all i'm wandering when i get it will it be around for long for future release of blue rays, or will it get out of date or will it be here for the long hall like DVD players FYI i'm looking for the one that fits into my computer via sata.

Now for the IPS monitor my biggest fear of IPS monitor is the back lit bleeding i never had to deal with it and i heard that its really bad is there any away to fix it or to completely avoid it or is it impossible to fix it, and my anther thing about it is i'm doing absolutely 0 gaming with it is only going to serve as a multimedia computer upgrade like watching blue rays if the up above questions is resolved with the blue ray compatibility issues and i'm going to watch YouTube videos and do some video and photo editing and a little of blender rendering so with the things that i'm doing with this will a 6-12 ms response time will IPS monitor do well for what i'm going to be using it for or does it effect it with bluer and ghosting, Thanks in advance!!!

some of my already computer setup

ASUS M5A88-V EVO AM3+ AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s
    ssd Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/120G
    Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600 (PC3 12800)
    MSI N550GTX-Ti Cyclone OC GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB
    ASUS VS Series VS247H-P Black 23.6" 2ms LED Backlight
    AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core

if any of this matters.

Re: Some multimedia upgrades to my computer when come tax time!!!

Blu-Ray can be troublesome on a PC, you will need a BD drive, and a software player. There are 3 popular programs you can purchase, which will play a Blu-Ray similar to a separate stand-alone player. There is PowerDVD, WinDVD, and Arcsoft TMT. All will work well, If windows media center integration matters to you, TMT integrates the best. These programs generally range from $40-$100. TMT goes on sale fairly often.
    There are several free players out there, including XMBC, and WMC-HC (windows media center classic-home cinema. Not related to windows media center currently on your computer, but I believe based on the old windows media center). These programs will play both discs, and movies that have been ripped to a hard drive, however they will not use the traditional menu format, you will get basically the movie only, and you will need something to decrypt the movie, such as AnyDVD HD.
    Any questions, Ask!

Re: Some multimedia upgrades to my computer when come tax time!!!

Hey John C thanks for the advice, sorry it took me a little while to get back to you. I just bought my first Blue Ray player ever its a LG it was only a Blue Ray reader however i think for anyone that whats to copy Blu Rays to there computers that will need a fast PC cos the bandwidth of a Blue Ray is there about 10-12 times that of a DVD well the faster the better. The reason i bought it was cos my ants had me over on Christmas day and we watched Battleship on her 3.5-4 year old Samsung TV and it was just amazing. When i buy battleship and possibly a IPS monitor then I will tell you about my experience with it. and one other thing i thought there was something on the forms that you can send each other messages IDK guess i cant find it or if it was just the before the last forum refresh. thanks again John C everyone at PCPER!!!