Mum and Dad's PC

Spec list so far. I wanted to build a FM2 system with a A10-5800K, but the only ITX FM2 board available to me is the Asrock FM2A75M-ITX, which after 5 seconds on Google tells me that this board likes to catch fire

So Intel it is. I need something not over the top for their basic requirements, (gaming on the Mahjong and Bejewlled level) and Youtube. It has to be responsive hence an SSD at all. WIFI is not important.

Case Cooler Master Elite 120 (Black/Silver) $79
    PSU Corsair CX430 $79
    CPU Intel Core i3 3225 3.3Ghz $195
    Mobo ASUS P8H77-I $165
    RAM Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 2x4GB DDR3-1600 $72
    HDD Intel 330 Series 2.5" SSD 180GB $200
    GFX Intel HD 4000 $0
    K/M Combo Microsoft or Logitech Wired $30
    Monitor LG IPS234V 23'' IPS Monitor $229
    Total $1,049

Any suggestions or modifications? Currency is New Zealand dollars. Is the Intel 3225 worth it for the HD4000 graphics over the HD2500 in the 3220? Since the Intel 3220 is $165.

Thanks

Re: Mum and Dad's PC

For the type of gaming they are doing, I think the lower cost CPU would work fine.

Good luck!
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective
    rshrout -at- pcper -dot- com
    --= Follow me on Twitter =--

Splurged on a Corsair CX430M to make cable routing easier.

Final product below (minus reused DVD drive which I will get when I deliver), and had to drop down to a 120GB SSD cos the 180GB spiked in price when they shifted from the 330 series to the 335.

Nice system,

You want one now?
    "Angels on the sideline, Puzzled and amused.
    Why did Father give these humans free will?
    Now they’re all confused."

6600K@4.2 MSI Z170A GAMING G5- Gskill DDR4 @2400-Creative Soundblaster Z-MyDigitalSSD BPX (240GB)-Plus Various other SSD&HHD-Sapphire RX480-Win10

A whole mess of other computers-Tablets-Tech Toys

I love the build pics, keep them coming!

How did it all turn out for performance?
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective

I wasn't aware they made a semi-modular version of the CX-430? Pretty nifty! How's the noise level on this psu? I prefer about as inaudible as possible...is this even close?

Nice little rig...

Best,

Liquid Cool

The cable routing looks a little messy because I had to leave come cables free for the DVD drive, but otherwise I think it looks really tidy

It would be nice to upgrade, because I enjoy the build process. Picking the best parts for what I need, building the system, installing programs and having something nice to show for it at the end. But what I have now fulfills my needs, (Q9400 at 3.2GHz, P45 mobo, 8GB RAM, GTX 560Ti and Intel 180GB 330 Series SSD) so I have trouble finding things to improve.

This PC is nice, the SSD made installing Windows and programs really fast, and the hyperthreaded 3.3GHz processor keeps the system humming. The Coolermaster fan has a slight ticking sound in it otherwise the system is almost silent, just a faint whirr from the CPU heatsink and this is with the chassis on the desk next to the monitor.

I have to say though, that the system doesn't start up and shut down as fast as my PC does, but I wonder if that is because of some setting or the extra features that the Asus mobo has over my Foxconn?

It could be secondary storage controllers looking for drives, it could be there is a setting the BIOS to enable "fast boot" or something like that.
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective