View Poll Results: What was your favorite game of ALL of 2012?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Battlefield 3

3 27.27%
  • Borderlands 2

2 18.18%
  • Far Cry 3

1 9.09%
  • Mass Effect 3

1 9.09%
  • Counter Strike: Global Offensive

1 9.09%
  • Spec Ops: The Line

0 0%
  • Faster than Light

0 0%
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

1 9.09%
  • OTHER

2 18.18%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Game of the Year 2012

I'm a little late posting this so we will complete this poll and then I will post the January GOTM shortly after.

Remember that you get just one vote and are voting for your favorite game of all of 2012 all things considered.

I started with the winners of the monthly polls, added a few of the popular runner-ups and went from there. Surprisingly there weren't many games that were really popular here in 2012.

Click HERE for a list of past Game of the Month winners.

Any game you played in 2012 is eligible regardless of release date.

If you vote "OTHER" please post which game you are voting for so we can track it here in the first post.

The poll will remain open for a week.

Other votes
    1 - Halo 4 (Big B-man)
    Last edited by Lenny; 01-31-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Re: Game of the Year 2012

I have to go with Battlefield 3. I certainly played it the most and enjoyed it most of the time Just got tired of it after a while.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

Overall, for the year of 2012 I have to go with TES:Skyrim. I certainly put enough time into it. Towards the end I grew tired - not of the game, but with the game crashing. Battlefield 3 was not far behind. BF3, for me, was one where it was only enjoyable if it were being played with a group of friends. I tried to just jump on a random server and play. It was okay, but not like having friends play too. Too many grew tired of it, and I did also. Now, Borderlands 2 has dominated my time. Unless something really amazing comes along this will be my main game for the remainder of the year. And there's a long way to go. BLOPS2 is not so bad. For entertainment purposes it will work. Yeah, it's a re-map of previous COD games, but so what. It's just for fun, not for training the next generation of special ops soldiers.

100% AMD ROG gaming system, thanks to AMD.

I'll have to let this one stew for a bit. CS:GO has been my top choice lately, but it really didn't hit its stride for me until the end of 2012 into 2013. Spec Ops: The Line was a surprise for me, and very enjoyable. The plot and emphasis on story amidst the somewhat mediocre gameplay was refreshing, though said mediocre gunplay has to be a bit of a negative even if that was "the point". Borderlands 2 was everything I expected but, dare I say, nothing more. I put more time into it than the first one, which has to count for something. FTL was another surprise. Fun, short, refreshing, but I'm not sure theres meat enough there for it to be GOTY material. TES:V falls into 2011 for me, I was pretty much saturated and done by the time 2012 rolled around. This isn't an original sentiment, but ME3 would be a sure-thing if the ending wasn't such a sh*t disappointment. If it were just a time committment vote, BF3 would win... but I got burned out and have only picked it up intermittently. Also, it was a 2011 release, which weighs a little bit against it for 2012 GOTY in my mind.

Maybe Ms. Pacman will rule the day

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Gotta go with BF3, since I didn't play much of anything else, except games that were way before 2012.

Well, of the games I did play in 2012, only 1 came out in 2012.

I know I'm going to get knocked for this, but 2012 or not, I've had a blast in Halo 4 and am enjoying the multiplayer.

I'm hoping to knock out some debt and maybe I'll have more selections to vote on this year (BioShock: Infinite, Aliens: Colonial Marines, etc.)

Hmm, Skyrim was my GOTY for 2011. Kind of weird to see older games on the list. Anyway, my GOTY for 2012 would have to be Far Cry 3. It surprised me as I wasn't looking forward to it much because I HATED FC2 so much. The fact that it was the best game I've played all year was a great surprise though.

for more votes

Mass Effect 3 for me.

Or, ASS DEFECT 3 if you want to be a troll about it.

OMG, BF3 is running away with the election. Too bad no-one plays it any more.

Quote Originally Posted by tlemaste View Post
    OMG, BF3 is running away with the election. Too bad no-one plays it any more.
    And BF3 last won GOTM back in April. I'm surprised the more recent consistent winner Borderlands 2 isn't putting up a better fight.

I liked BF3 allot, played it some, not as much as Bad Company 2, certainly not as much as 2142. We can only hope they announce a new 2142.

I have played this little gem more than any of the big titles, it's free too, anyone know what it is?

"Angels on the sideline, Puzzled and amused.
    Why did Father give these humans free will?
    Now they’re all confused."

940@ 3.0, Biostar 750(Bios 7/23) Geil 2 x 2GB (DDR2-1066), OCZ 600, Xigmatek HDT-S1283, WD AAKS 640 X2 Raid0, EVGA 560, Auzentech X-Studio, ASUS Xonar DX, Win 7

Phenom 955 @ 3.6, Asrock 870, Gskill DDR3 1600, OCZ 700, Xigmatek, Samsung 830 240,Sapphire 7950, WIN 7

I've reopened the poll to allow for more votes. Poll will now close on Sunday evening around 10 PM ET.

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    Maybe Ms. Pacman will rule the day
    That should have been my vote.

Final day of voting. Not a big voter turnout but it looks like BF3 is going to take it.

I haven't forgotten about the Jan GOTM. Watch for a new thread for that coming one of these days.
    Last edited by Lenny; 02-10-2013 at 10:11 AM.