Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Where is the outrage?

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Well we have differing opinions on a lot of those items for sure. The "disingenuous" folks I'm talking about are the ones who screamed bloody murder about the "Constitution is being shredded" when GWB did it.... yet now that their god child has built on and expanded every one of those programs they have been dead silent for over 4 years running.
    Independent news outlets on both the left and right have been criticizing Obama about this for years. As for cable news, they mention it mostly in passing, but will generally move on to something else rather quickly. But cable news is all full of shit IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by taman View Post
    You would be hard pressed to find any evidence of me supporting warrantless wiretaps or indefinite detention of U.S. Citizens or non-combatants. Some one captured in a firefight in a legit (read not the so called "global") battlefield is a vastly different from say my outspoken brother in southern Ohio being snatched up and being held without arraignment by our government. You can however find me arguing that sleep deprivation is not torture while in the same thread stating that torture itself is wrong. I fully support all aspects of the first amendment as well as all other Constitutional Amendments, not just the 2nd and whatever other one you have pigeon holed and stereotyped conservatives as only supporting. Why else would I be here concerned about the lack of due process including a jury of one's peers?

I personally would never agree with any politician demanding the surrender of privately owned firearms nor do believe any people that I know. I voted neither for GWB or J. Kerry in 2004, choosing instead to write in my own choice, in large part because of the things I learned here.

That being said, either you are muddling me in with other members who you view as being conservative or I am taking your use of the term "you" to be directed at me when that is not your intent.
    I wast directing my posts at you but towards others in this thread.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    I wast directing my posts at you but towards others in this thread.
    Fair enough :-)
    Derailing topics with varied sidetracks since 2003.

....................................And look who supports Obama's drones!!!!!!111!!!

http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/ob...mo_code=F470-1

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    ....................................And look who supports Obama's drones!!!!!!111!!!

http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/ob...mo_code=F470-1
    No surprises there. The left's god child has simply expanded on the program the previous administration started. You remember.. the one that the left went nutso over. Things are (D)ifferent now for many. Much quieter for sure.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Enjoy the fascist police state

I'm a Republican by registration, but I find myself agreeing with the "Liberals" here.

So far, we see breaches on the 1st, 2nd and 4th Amendments that are pretty obvious. Bush gave us the shitty Patriot Act in response to 9/11. I don't like the terrorists, but if we've captured them, we NEED to bring them to trial. If they were shot resisting, too bad for them, but if not, then they need to be tried. It's absolutely imperative, as we're starting to see people declared a terrorist or traitor and held indefinitely. This is not justice when done. I don't care if we have insurmountable evidence that sentences them to a thousand deaths, bring it to a fair trial.

That Christopher Dorner, ex-LAPD that's on the loose (possibly dead): he's not been captured, but an aerial drone has been released to go after him. There are some reports of the LAPD shooting innocent victims in pursuit of Dorner. And to clarify, it seems as though it was a shoot first mentality.

There's some very frightening things going on with our various levels of government, and it needs to be stopped soon. Everyone should stand up for it, political leanings be damned!

Quote Originally Posted by Big B-man View Post
    I'm a Republican by registration, but I find myself agreeing with the "Liberals" here.
    So you are agreeing with the "liberals" that the drones were really bad when Bush did it, but now that Obambi is doing it to Americans it is ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Big B-man View Post
    So far, we see breaches on the 1st, 2nd and 4th Amendments that are pretty obvious. Bush gave us the shitty Patriot Act in response to 9/11. I don't like the terrorists, but if we've captured them, we NEED to bring them to trial. If they were shot resisting, too bad for them, but if not, then they need to be tried. It's absolutely imperative, as we're starting to see people declared a terrorist or traitor and held indefinitely
    Did we give every German soldier we captured in WW2 a trial? Or did we send them off to a POW camp to await the end of the war?

These terrorists are enemy combatants, not criminals. We didn't catch them knocking off a 7-11. The criminal justice system doesn't apply to people on the other side the globe shooting rocket launchers at American troops. I'll admit, the questions get grey when American citizens are involved, I think the principal still remains. If all these guys got a day in court, they would all be oft-delayed sideshows like the Khalid Sheikh Mohammed trial.