Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Just how dead HAVE the PCPer forums become....?

At the bottom of the first page of OT, there is a thread that was last posted in during the beginning of September! When I first joined this forum over 11 years ago, the first page of OT usually never had anything more than a few days old at the very bottom. It's gotten so dead now that I half expect the next time I try to log on the site will be gone. Last week the forums went down and for the first time ever I wondered if they might never come back up.

Re: Just how dead HAVE the PCPer forums become....?

Yes it used to be in Tech Talk you would get a quick response too, but no more
    There are advantages to being retarded...and I'm taking advantage of all of them.

Not enough instant gratification.

I know I haven't been as active, because, well, there's the whole family thing and some other issues.

I have noticed it on other forums, however, so PCPer isn't the only one. I don't think it has anything to do with what Ryan did or didn't do. It's more there's only so much you can see on the internet, and I think the advent of social networking has taken it's toll on message boards in general. People aren't willing to wait a few hours for a response. It has to be now.

Social networking has its place for some things, but I don't think it's the best solution for everything. A Smart Car may be a wonderful commuter vehicle, but for me, it cannot accommodate 3 car seats across the back seat, and the reason I have an Impala.

Does OP require zombies? Surely OP does not require zombies.

Check out how busy the XDA forums are. The traffic has moved to the mobile side. I will admit i have not been around much either. Though i do use pcper as a test site when working on a network.

Perphaps a more robust mobile section would help bring in more traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Check out how busy the XDA forums are. The traffic has moved to the mobile side. I will admit i have not been around much either. Though i do use pcper as a test site when working on a network.

I know. I just put ParanoidAndroid 3 on my new Nexus 4 as a matter of fact..

OP suggests inappropriate necro.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    At the bottom of the first page of OT, there is a thread that was last posted in during the beginning of September! When I first joined this forum over 11 years ago, the first page of OT usually never had anything more than a few days old at the very bottom. It's gotten so dead now that I half expect the next time I try to log on the site will be gone. Last week the forums went down and for the first time ever I wondered if they might never come back up.
    This place is so dead that last week the forums went down and I didn't even know about it. If it wasn't for this thread I still wouldn't have known.

Nerco as in necromancy. Though I don't have an appetite for brains like a zombie so I must be ok about it in particular.

You are one weird dude 3d, but we Pcper's wouldn't want you any other way.

Thanks kbohip, i'm a wittle sad lately. It's because of things in the past. They trouble me somewhat. Mostly in real life. I'm sorry if I did something wrong. It's probably because of things that happened around me at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post

It's just getting worse, even TLR is down to about several or so regular members. We've taken to letting the trolls do their thing now because we just like the company.

I remember the hey day of TLR during the 2004 election. My god, you'd start a thread and in less than an hour it would be 10 pages long. AndrewLB would always go flying off the handle getting banned for the 50th time, Victimizati0n would be posting about how his guidance counselor said there would be a draft. Lol, it was hard to keep up back then,
    Last edited by JustinC939; 02-14-2013 at 09:40 PM.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post

It's just getting worse, even TLR is down to about several or so regular members. We've taken to letting the trolls do their thing now because we just like the company.

I remember the hey day of TLR during the 2004 election. My god, you'd start a thread and in less than an hour it would be 10 pages long. AndrewLB would always go flying off the handle getting banned for the 50th time, Victimizati0n would be posting about how his guidance counselor said there would be a draft. Lol, it was hard to keep up back then,
    Lol, those were the days weren't they? I always wished AndrewLB would've rejoined with a different name and met otoc and orang. I love your comment on the trolls too as it sadly is so true. Anymore it's like they are actually trying to get rid of the remaining posters here. "Hey I've got an idea, let's redesign the forums, ask everyone how they like the great bland new bug ridden slow ass style, and then ignore them as we always have!" It's like we're on the Titanic, the band has stopped playing, and our feet are getting wet.:P

Oh and Invictus, in case you might have forgotten, this is what Justin is laughing at:

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.p...blet-sub-forum
    Last edited by kbohip; 02-15-2013 at 02:58 AM.

I've been doing the best I can to help. I'm a idea's and support person on the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post

Yup, Facebook it's not.
    My HTPC

ASRock 970 Extreme3
    AMD FX-4100 w/Coolermaster GeminII S cooler
    M Station HT-1100 HTPC Media Center case
    Antec 480 NeoPower PSU
    Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX
    Gigabyte GV-R467ZL 4670/1GB video card
    Hitachi HDS721050CLA362 500GB SATA hd
    Windows7 Ultimate x64 & Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (partitioned)
    Pioneer DVR-215D SATA DVD burner
    Samsung 40" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV LN40C630

You can teach an old dog; it just takes longer.