Motherboard DOA?

Hi, First time builder here

I think my motherboard is DOA. I have a Cosair tx650w power supply, 3570k and msi z77a gd55 motherboard, hyper 212 plus. The motherboard is now on top of the box it came with, outside of the case. The cpu is install on motherboard with hyper 212 and fan connected to cpu fan slot. The power supply is connected to the motherboard's atx and cpu power slot.

I have test the power supply by itself using the paper clip. The power supply did power on and PS fan is spinning.

When I turn on the switch on the back of the powersupply, the motherboard power on button lights up. When I click on the power on button on the motherboard, nothing happens. CPU fan not spinning and power supply fan not spinning.

Can we confirm that the motherboard is DOA? or are there other tests I need to do?

Thanks so much

Re: Motherboard DOA?

Hi, And welcome to the forums.

Have you tried clearing the bios and then trying to power up by jumpering the motherboard pins?

Is the memory installed ?

IIRC all of the MSI stuff is "burned in" at the factory, so it leads me to believe you have something else going on

I test it with ram install and w.o ram install. I took out the battery and put it back in. Does that clear the cmos? I have also try to power up using power switch pin with screw driver.

There is a button on the backplane of the mobo for clearing the cmos...

Double check which power lead is going to the atx connector on the motherboard.
    It is possible to inadvertently connect a pci-express lead by mistake, and the result is that nothing turns on.