Cool Can I crossfire radeon 6870's with this PSU?

I want to run a crossfire set up with 6870's. The 6870's require 2 pci-e 6pin plugs from the PSU to power it. My dilemma is this,

1) Will my PSU handle the power draw from both cards? I have a Ultra LSP750 750 watt power supply (link to psu below) http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=3276567

2) This power supply only comes with 2 pic-e 6pin connectors, can I use the peripheral plugs and a adapter to get two more pic-e 6pin connectors to power my second 6870?

PS- I already own one 6870 and am looking for a inexpensive way to improve my gaming graphics. I can find a 6870 used for about $100-$130. If I have to buy a better PSU and a $100 dollar graphics card, I might as well get a current single gpu that would give me the same performance as a 6870 crossfire setup.

Thanks in advance to whoever answers

Re: Can I crossfire radeon 6870's with this PSU?

I'd replace that power supply, as it's not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    I'd replace that power supply, as it's not very good.
    So does that mean its not worth trying what I said? (the whole adapter thing) or is the PSU bad that you it can't handle the load? Even though the PSU is a bad name brand I could luck out and it can function just fine.

Thanks for the reply just want more detail if you don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by xxSOTxx View Post
    So does that mean its not worth trying what I said? (the whole adapter thing) or is the PSU bad that you it can't handle the load? Even though the PSU is a bad name brand I could luck out and it can function just fine.

Thanks for the reply just want more detail if you don't mind.
    You can try, but if that PS is like any of the others from that brand...The quality is suspect.

There isn't a whole lot to say about the X2 750w's load testing results at 120v input other than the unit was awful. The unit is only good for half of its labeled output in our test conditions. If we look at the two tests the unit was able to complete, we see that the unit posted poor voltage regulation on top of its other issues. The 12v rails showed a ~0.26v drop in their output voltages over these two tests which is much greater than we have seen for quality units of this output range over their entire output capacity, let alone just half the capacity.
    Taken from here
    http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...4#.UTD0mFdzgzc

Thanks for the source! Just what I was looking for. Instead of buying graphics cards and processors, I will invest in a PSU. Thanks so much. Found a corsair for about $90

No Problem...And welcome to the forums